Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 09:47 AM

Our Members

Myra has just posted a question so thought I'd make it a thread ....
Its natural to wonder what members look like, I'm sure we all get an image in our heads of each other.
I dread to think what 'you' think I look like - a battleaxe waving her stick in the air You'd be surprised I think, nothing like that, I'm really quite 'dinky'
So, am I right - do you wonder about others, do you get that picture in yer head ........?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 09:51 AM

Re: Our Members

I was picturing Nora Batty!
Yes I do wonder what people are like and am usually dead wrong!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I was picturing Nora Batty!Yes I do wonder what people are like and am usually dead wrong!

I usually get it wrong too !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 09:54 AM

I definitely do Patsy! Funny how you imagine folk to be. I remember drawing a pic of someone I spoke to regularly, from another hospital. It was a joke we were having about wondering what we actually looked like. She was coming to my hospital and I wasn't there. My other colleague gave her the pic and my colleague said it was the double of her! Even down to the glasses! It was funny. On other occasions people have looked so different from the image in my mind!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2015, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
I definitely do Patsy! Funny how you imagine folk to be. I remember drawing a pic of someone I spoke to regularly, from another hospital. It was a joke we were having about wondering what we actually looked like. She was coming to my hospital and I wasn't there. My other colleague gave her the pic and my colleague said it was the double of her! Even down to the glasses! It was funny. On other occasions people have looked so different from the image in my mind!
Wow ! That was spooky .....
If I speak to someone on the telephone I get an image of them, if I meet them its so wrong
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 10:05 AM

We did a thread about this not so long ago. Do you remember I asked if we all met up, would we recognise each other without being introduced? It's a funny old thing how we build mental pictures of people from telephone conversations, internet etc, I bet we're not often right though.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Myra has just posted a question so thought I'd make it a thread ....
Its natural to wonder what members look like, I'm sure we all get an image in our heads of each other.
I dread to think what 'you' think I look like - a battleaxe waving her stick in the air You'd be surprised I think, nothing like that, I'm really quite 'dinky'
So, am I right - do you wonder about others, do you get that picture in yer head ........?
Am I close then Patsy.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 10:08 AM

Its natural to wonder what members look like
Is it I must be unnatural then because I am not at all interested in what memers look like, it matters not to me.

All I am interested in is what they have to say .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2015, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Is it I must be unnatural then because I am not at all interested in what memers look like, it matters not to me.

All I am interested in is what they have to say .
I wouldn't say you're 'unnatural' Meg - unusual maybe
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Am I close then Patsy.

Only in the sense I could do with that rifle at times
Although the stature is about right - 'dinky'

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top