Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:20 AM

feeling low

What do you do to help yourself when you're feeling low? I don't mean depressed, just that low feeling you can waken up with in the morning. Just like I have this morning. I'm going to give myself a bit of a pampering today and take it easy. What do you do to help yourself?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:26 AM

Re: feeling low

I don't have time for 'feeling low' Chloe is waiting for her breakfast and walk the moment I wake up .
My needs are not a priority ..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:27 AM

Lucky you Meg!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Lucky you Meg!
Not really when it is cold and wet and my chest is sore but needs must...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:40 AM

Myra , I tell myself "this too will pass", I try not to fight it , I also find as the day goes on I feel better . I do understand , as often there is no reason or way of understanding the feeling,. I live alone , and family are far away , so I am dependant on myself to live for each day. Today I'm going to visit a friend for an hour , then I'm going to an exercise class for an hour . When my little grandchildren visited last time my face lift up with such a smile , the little four year old said " Nanny you look so happy ". I realised then that it's not often I feel that happy . Just do all you can for yourself, you deserve to be uplifted . Just know that although I don't know you I am thinking of you and sending love x
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:47 AM

When I feel low I phone a friend or family member for a long natter - or I do something that I enjoy....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:50 AM

Feel low many times, just not in me to dwell on things as I would only feel worse
So distraction for me - whatever it takes ......
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 10:08 AM

It's very rare that I feel low.....thank goodness, but when I do, like Susan, I say to myself "This will pass".
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
What do you do to help yourself when you're feeling low? I don't mean depressed, just that low feeling you can waken up with in the morning. Just like I have this morning. I'm going to give myself a bit of a pampering today and take it easy. What do you do to help yourself?
Wish I could help Myra.

I do get depressed, as you know, and I do have good reason lately to feel lower than snake's belly but when I go into work and I see some of our residents with all kinds of problems yet they still return my "Good Morning" and smile.

That picks me up and stops me dwelling on my own problems.

I know you can't do what I do but perhaps you could just think to yourself "I am so lucky compared to some" it would help? stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 10:25 AM

Can you get out into the fresh air, I find a walk even if it's cold and wet can really cheer me up. Countryside is best but anywhere is better than staying indoors.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top