Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 10:53 PM

RSPCA radical wants pets "phased out"

This should certainly set the cat among the pigeons, no pun intended. He's running for election as a Trustee at the RSPCA and wants ALL pets neutered and eventually pets phased out completely. He may be a radical, but does he have a good point, I wonder? It could be argued that the money and resources wasted on feeding pets could be better spent elsewhere I suppose.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ownership.html
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 11:05 PM

Re: RSPCA radical wants pets "phased out"

PETA has been saying that for years
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 11:11 PM

It certainly sounds like something they'd say!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 11:19 PM

Well I'd sooner that prat go without food and give any savings made to a charity.

Anyway, if there were no pets allowed anymore, all the charities could close, jobs would be lost, all the 'chief exec's' would be out of their high salary jobs, and what would happen to the millions the RSPCA has stashed in their bank? I wonder how that would be distributed. . .

Larger animals in rescue, like horses and ponies would have to be slaughtered or sold abroad for meat.
There would be no more police dogs, guide dogs, sheepdogs, disease detection dogs, army dogs, and eventually domestic pets would become extinct (like our hedgehogs).

I read the other day that these big charities give 60% of the money you and I donate, to companies to ring and pester good, kind hearted people to give more money and on a regular basis.

Don't you think there is something wrong there?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 06:35 AM

This is another PETA loon..

The money wasted on feeding pets. Well as my dogs eat raw which is catagory 3 ie; not fit for human consumption who would eat it if they didnt?
As for waste well lets start on the human population. Feeding and housing killers and criminals who will never be released ..One could argue that they are a waste they give nothing back to society.
Then shall we move on to the obese or just the fatties everywhere , theyve obviously eaten more than their fair shair.. Come to that any of us who snack and eat more than is strictly necessary are in fact wasting food that could be used to feed a hungry person.

Then there are health benefits.. People who have dogs or horses are generally fitter they walk/move more and we read here that they also have lower blood pressure and less chance of heart disease so surly thats releasing a burden on the NHS instead of adding to it?

I think this man just likes to talk out of a hole at the wrong end of his body..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
This is another PETA loon..

The money wasted on feeding pets. Well as my dogs eat raw which is catagory 3 ie; not fit for human consumption who would eat it if they didnt?
As for waste well lets start on the human population. Feeding and housing killers and criminals who will never be released ..One could argue that they are a waste they give nothing back to society.
Then shall we move on to the obese or just the fatties everywhere , theyve obviously eaten more than their fair shair.. Come to that any of us who snack and eat more than is strictly necessary are in fact wasting food that could be used to feed a hungry person.

Then there are health benefits.. People who have dogs or horses are generally fitter they walk/move more and we read here that they also have lower blood pressure and less chance of heart disease so surly thats releasing a burden on the NHS instead of adding to it?

I think this man just likes to talk out of a hole at the wrong end of his body..
I love your turn of phrase!

And I think this man is totally insane and should be committed for his own good. Imagine how sad our lives would be without our pets. Think of all the people who live alone apart from their cat/dog etc., is he going to condemn them to a life of loneliness? I'd as lief spend money on feeding and caring for my two cats than on donating it to PETA or RSPCA !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 08:03 AM

Peta raising it's ugly head again by the sounds of it.

Wasting money on food ? it's my hard earned money I will spend it on what I want ! how dare he !
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 08:23 AM

Having popped in and out of Jeremy Kyle, I'd suggest wasted resources, food and cash might be better saved by looking elsewhere. Oh, sorry, and neutering....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 09:06 AM

Unfortunately the RSPCA has been going down this road for some time. Increasingly they have been infiltrated by the animal rights lunatics (PETA, ALF et al) and are turning into an "animal rights" organisation rather than (what they should be) an "animal welfare" organisation. Unfortunately the public do not yet realise this and continue to pour donations into this self-serving organisation.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Having popped in and out of Jeremy Kyle, I'd suggest wasted resources, food and cash might be better saved by looking elsewhere. Oh, sorry, and neutering....
I agree Eccles. Makes you wonder how some people live doesn't it.
Well I believe that a lot of pets at home should be neutered but not phased out. Its these horrible farms breeding these poor dogs and cats just for profit and no welfare for these animals. That kind of person wants neutering as well as no food. But hey he has human rights on his side.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top