Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:51 AM

Isis: Turkey seizes amphetamine pills worth estimated $220m at Syria border

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/isis-turke...9.html#Tds11nF

Turkish authorities have confiscated 11 million amphetamine tablets at the Syrian border in a record seizure. The synthetic drug produced from amphetamine fenethylline is suspected to be used by Islamic State (Isis) jihadists, and may be key in keeping its fighters alert and energetic in the Syrian conflict.

Turkey seized 1800kg of the stimulant drug, nicknamed "Captain" by the Islamist fighters, in Hatay, the country's southern-most province which borders with north-western Syria. It is unclear where the drug shipment was headed but local reports suggest it was being smuggled to the Gulf countries.

Reports suggest the drug, sold under various brand names such as Captagon, is produced for mere pennies but retails for as much as $20 per tablet in Dubai and Saudi Arabia. The confiscated haul could be worth $220m (£145m, €207m).

Ankara's interior ministry said the drug was seized in separate operations in the region. In one of the raids, 7.3 million pills were found concealed inside hundreds of oil filters.

One Syrian national and two Turks have been arrested in connection with the seizure. Police sources told Turkey's Daily Sabah the anti-narcotic operation was carried out after Turkish surveillance of international drug gangs.

The large cache of Captagon, which is cheap to produce from legally available substances, is believed to have been produced by one of the active militant groups in Syria. The drug has become a source of revenue for several militant groups in war-torn Syria. Ankara is also investigating possible involvement of drug gangs in other countries.

Saudi Arabia is a major market for Captagon and Riyadh frequently seizes the drug. In October, Saudi Prince Abdel Mohsen bin Walid bin Abdulaziz was detained in Lebanon along with four others for carrying nearly two tonnes of Captagon capsules.

There is growing evidence that the Paris terrorists had taken drugs after used syringes, needles and plastic tubes were found in a hotel room rented by them before the 13 November massacres. Survivors of the attacks had also reported that the killers appeared to be in a zombie-like state.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:43 AM

Re: Isis: Turkey seizes amphetamine pills worth estimated $220m at Syria border

And with the Russians destroying hundreds of oil tankers being used by ISIS to raise funds for their 'war', ISIS must by now be running seriously short of adequate funds.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:51 AM

This seems a better way to deal with them than many other ways suggested.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:56 AM

Well lets hope the drugs don't do a disappearing act. With that amount I am sure someone could be bought off.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 01:32 PM

Where are they getting the oil from?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Where are they getting the oil from?
From that part of Iraq which is under their control, which coindidently contains large oil fields.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 03:17 PM

On MJK post yesterday about ISIS I said they were taking drugs.
I had heard it a few weeks ago. That's why they are bonkers.
Drugs and no sleep and no rock and roll.

As they don't like music I would suggest to whoever to start blasting
them with loud heavy metal music instead of bombs that kill
everyone under them. No sleep, drugs and lots of rock and roll
might do the trick.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
On MJK post yesterday about ISIS I said they were taking drugs.
I had heard it a few weeks ago. That's why they are bonkers.
Drugs and no sleep and no rock and roll.

As they don't like music I would suggest to whoever to start blasting
them with loud heavy metal music instead of bombs that kill
everyone under them. No sleep, drugs and lots of rock and roll
might do the trick.
I think selected `music` from the Carpenters and the Sound of Music would be more effective. They give me the screaming abdabs so I think ISIS will be even more prone to this audio assault. Reign of terror over within a fortnight I would say.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 04:25 PM

Didn't the Americans use music in Vietnam? I seem to remember a film where they had music blaring out of the helicopters.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Didn't the Americans use music in Vietnam? I seem to remember a film where they had music blaring out of the helicopters.
That's right TessA.
It was shown in a film called Apocalypse Now.
The Yanks did do it in Vietnam.
So hope someone reads my posts and does it

Judd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top