Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:06 AM

A Healthy Diet Makes us Fat?

The media is responsible for many people, especially the young for being dissatisfied with their weight
If you are a slightly more than the average you are urged daily to go on some Diet they print out
There is this obsession with being slim, and watching what you eat.
You may be surprised to find that the journalists writing these articles are overweight themselves
And they show Celebrities with well toned and tanned bodies , so people get envious as well
What they do not tell you is that Celebrities have the means to have the best food and beauty treatments and Personal Trainers to help them as well

Now “A Healthy diet is making us eat more and pile on the fat” D. Express : Tuesday. 29/12/15
We have to face the fact that as one gets older the body thickens and most of us are not as active sometimes for health reasons. We ar never gong to be a sylphlike as we were when young .. with a few exceptions. I know I am never going to have a 21 inch waist that I had before getting married and having a large family. No one is going to measure my waist and make me feel guilty
However, we strive to be as healthy as possible.
There are now thousands of published Diets . How can the possibly all work.

If you are putting on weight, the best person to advise you is your Doctor who will give you an individual diet to suit your needs.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:18 AM

Re: A Healthy Diet Makes us Fat?

Yes I think that is possibly true. I cannot ask my Doctor though as he needs to go on a diet himself, his belly is like a huge balloon.

People seem to think because they say the food is healthy, they eat more of it, so of course they put on weight.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:40 AM

Doctors just give you a generic diet sheet, nothing individual about the advice at all !

All diets can work, you just need to find the one that fits your bodies needs.

Generally the doctor is the last person to understand, our GPs are not glowing figures of health themselves, ours range from bigger than me to one who is openly anorexic.

I am not sure nurses are much better these days either, and nutritionists seem to have lost the plot and cannot give anything but generic advice from my experiences with them.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 09:03 AM

Americans do have weight problem. We love our soft drinks, beer, artificially process foods, our hot dogs, hamburgers.and we rarely walk. We drive here and drive there. So we go on crash diets that we can't keep. Only to double our weight again later. Weight lose for many is a battle that most cannot win.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:35 AM

I was told years ago that dieting makes you fat. Women in particular thicken round the waist after the menopause - it's what happens! Get over it! We should cook from scratch, eat less processed food and consume only a little alcohol. I'm not saying that would keep us thin but we would be healthier. Our diet has improved since we moved near to a butcher who sells old fashioned cuts of meat cheaply: shin, scrag end of lamb, oxtail... lots of stews and casseroles not salads covered in mayonnaise. I'm not slimmer, though! I lack portion control.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 02:57 PM

We eat too much .
The simple truth.
No fat people came out of Dacau.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We eat too much .
The simple truth.
No fat people came out of Dacau.
exactly!
yani
yani is female 

30-12-2015, 03:55 PM

I stay away from eating too many carbs. Once I cut back on them, my weight has been where I want it to be.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Doctors just give you a generic diet sheet, nothing individual about the advice at all !

All diets can work, you just need to find the one that fits your bodies needs.

Generally the doctor is the last person to understand, our GPs are not glowing figures of health themselves, ours range from bigger than me to one who is openly anorexic.

I am not sure nurses are much better these days either, and nutritionists seem to have lost the plot and cannot give anything but generic advice from my experiences with them.
That's a strong general condemnation of doctors, Julie It may apply to your doctors, but I certainly know some who tailor dietary advice on an individual basis. They are not ALL bad, though obviously some are.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
That's a strong general condemnation of doctors, Julie It may apply to your doctors, but I certainly know some who tailor dietary advice on an individual basis. They are not ALL bad, though obviously some are.
It's my experience and that of most of the diabetics on another forum I frequent, none of us had any help when were diagnosed at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top