Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:17 PM

Cancel your Hols, marker pens at the ready.

Call me Dave has just announced the date of the promised referendum on in/out of Europe is to be 23rd June.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35621079

This is likely to be the most important vote in our lifetime to determine the future of the UK so make sure you have your say on the day (preferably by voting no ). Cameron's `reforms` aren't worth the paper they are written on (remember Neville Chamberlain's piece of paper speech?) as any promised reforms can be vetoed, and they will be, by other EU members.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:23 PM

Re: Cancel your Hols, marker pens at the ready.

I have me marker ready and raring to go
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:34 PM

We were just chatting about this being vetoed over the proverbial cup of English tea Judd.

With so many countries who are against our so called reforms, most proposals that would benefit us will not have a cat in hells chance of getting through.

However on the In/Out I am concerned that there will be fiddling of the figures to suit the Governments agenda and not the publics wishes
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:44 PM

Oh no!
We are flying the day after the vote. We'll miss all the hours and hours of broadcast news and the acres of newsprint

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Oh no!
We are flying the day after the vote. We'll miss all the hours and hours of broadcast news and the acres of newsprint

I think you should cancel that holiday and do your duty to your country and the people in it..in fact I am writing this very minute to ask that all holidays be cancelled until after the vote.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:53 PM

Hear Hear!!! solo ☺
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:59 PM

No - it's OK, we vote on Thursday and fly on Friday - it's just the post-mortem we'll miss out on
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 03:01 PM

Oh no!

The salient point here is the day after the vote so as long as you've done your duty as a loyal British citizen whose ancestors fought to get women the vote you may go on your holiday and enjoy yourself.
solo
UK

20-02-2016, 03:04 PM

No - it's OK, we vote on Thursday and fly on Friday - it's just the post-mortem we'll miss out on
OK I have crosssed out dinasmum .

I think we will all be glad when it's finished. The overkill spoils it all.
dinahsmum
SW England

20-02-2016, 03:06 PM

We might well all need a holiday by the time the claims and counterclaims, baffling with statistics, appeals to the heart, etc have all been aired

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top