Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 11:23 AM

Tony Blackburn sacked by BBC

Following the enquiry into Saville's monstrous abuse, Tony Blackburn has been sacked by the BBC.
He is saying that it is because his version of events differs from that of the BBC.
There is certainly a disparity in their version of events.
Blackburn says he intends to sue the television company.
I cannot see that myself.
Skeletons in cupboards comes to mind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35656367
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 11:43 AM

Re: Tony Blackburn sacked by BBC

It is a great pity nothing was done about the evil Saville before his death. Accusations were made about the evil turd as early as 1959!

It would appear many, like Blackburn, knew about his crimes but, for whatever reason, declined to do anything about it!

I met someone years ago who was in a senior position at Stoke Manderville Hospital. When I asked him if he knew Saville he patted his nose and said, "If you knew what I know about him!" When I asked him what he meant, he refused to say anymore on the topic. Another person who was in the know, but did nothing!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:03 PM

I am not a fan of Blackburn and have no idea who is telling the truth and who isn't in this case.

I wouldn't condemn someone who says they didn't know what was happening, some will have done some won't.

Innocent until proved quilty I would say.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:29 PM

If we are to believe all these people either took part in these crimes or knew about it then it seems everyone is a potential child abuser, I don't know what to think about it all any more.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:41 PM

It seems that in the past being on the staff of the BBC was a licence to sexually abuse people!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:47 PM

Tell you the truth im sick and tired off hearing about it over and over the same old thing.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

25-02-2016, 12:51 PM

You might not feel the same if you had been sexually abused as a child by Saville, or any of the others in the frame!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:53 PM

Tony Blackburn is not being accused of abusing anyone .
Just that his account of some events does not tally with the BBCs .
He is going to sue them and seems to have a great deal of support.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

25-02-2016, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Tony Blackburn is not being accused of abusing anyone .
Just that his account of some events does not tally with the BBCs .
He is going to sue them and seems to have a great deal of support.
I realise that, but it appears Blackburn was in the know and did nothing, we shall see.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I realise that, but it appears Blackburn was in the know and did nothing, we shall see.
Let's get it right...the Smith review is criticising the BBC for not investigating sufficiently diligently.

"In 1971 allegations were made by the mother of a 15-year-old girl whose diary apparently contained suggestions that she had been seduced by celebrities including me.

“I am told that the mother told the BBC, a few weeks after her initial complaint, that her daughter had withdrawn the allegation against me.”

A review by Dame Janet Smith into the Jimmy Savile affair criticises the BBC for failing to properly investigate the claims made by the girl, Clair McAlpine, and her mother Vera, according to reported leaks of a draft version. Dame Smith is said to have concluded that the BBC should not have taken Blackburn’s denials at the time at face value and criticised the broadcaster’s (BBC's) failure to interview Clair.

“The reasons for the BBC taking this decision (to sack him) are that my evidence to Dame Janet Smith shows, I believe, that a cover-up took place - one that I had no knowledge of. This goes against what the BBC believe.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top