Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 08:02 PM

Where can I buy an Ark?

Is it ever going to stop raining? We've had a few hot periods but not for long. The wilder parts of my garden are like a jungle...It just hasn't been dry enough to strim back. I've got thistles four foot high for heavens sake.

The only good thing is I've only had to water my hanging baskets a couple of times this year.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 08:06 PM

Re: Where can I buy an Ark?

This summer is a bit of a washout isn't it.
My garden is full of Triffids too. The begonias love it ... but my paper mached rose blooms don't.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 08:09 PM

Not rained in my bit of Notts today but in Wakefield and Barnsley, where we were earlier, it was heavy rain this afternoon.
Sandy soil and so free draining in my garden, could have done with a drop..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 09:21 PM

I keep popping down to the allotment for a few minutes then come home without doing anything constructive. Friend phoned a short while ago. She had been down there for hours (mostly while I worked in the shop), but we both talked of what we still need to do. She has a full sized plot, and also helps out on the one adjoining (which is all fruit!), so has plenty to do.

I also plan on helping to clear weeds from concrete raised beds near the greenhouse I use, as one of the plot holders (a lady in her 90s) has been told by her daughter to give up her plot. Unfortunately there is nothing else available for her. Our officer hasn't responded to her phone calls so I said right, I'll email her and tell her we are going to start the clear up. The Salvation Army, who now rent the newly build wooden beds, had had their eye on the (abandoned) concrete ones, that were built/supplied by Age Concern some years ago, but this lady needs them more. They have enough!

Hoping to get down there tomorrow (after I've been out and bought replacement tea and coffee).
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
Is it ever going to stop raining? We've had a few hot periods but not for long. The wilder parts of my garden are like a jungle...It just hasn't been dry enough to strim back. I've got thistles four foot high for heavens sake.

The only good thing is I've only had to water my hanging baskets a couple of times this year.
I wonder too every time I go out the blooming weeds have grown another crop we have taken bag loads to the dump .
They are all huge .
Garden Bin can't cope .I keep going out and getting rained off.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 10:26 PM

Normal rain wouldn't be too bad but the raindrops seem to have increased in size and daily thunderstorms are obligatory .

The heavy rain brings moss off the roof and that blocks the gutters producing a waterfall over the front door.

Looking on the bright side I haven't needed to water the garden for days
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:14 AM

June by nature can be a month heavy with rain and hot spells. The heat can be the cause of so many wet and thundery days.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 07:18 AM

Must have missed the hot spells had the wood burner going last night.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 07:59 AM

I live in south west Scotland and it's the best summer so far that we've had in ages .
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:22 AM

Bright and sunny this morning....but everything absolutely sodden....so still too wet to get the strimmer out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top