Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:08 AM

Why Do Women Always Try To Change Men?

As soon as a woman gets a man in her clutches, she tries to change him!
She tries to change his ways in dressing, his hair, his ways or way of doing things!
I'm wondering if it is the woman that is at fault and we should accept men for the way they are......Useless! Not really that was a joke!!
So why do women do it?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:12 AM

Re: Why Do Women Always Try To Change Men?

Ah well in for a penny in for a pound. My take is women seem to want Mr Perfect, and that will differ for each.

Of course Mr Perfect does not exist, and eventually they settle for someone who falls short, and with the idea in mind that over time she will change him.

And there be Dragons.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:19 AM

Sometimes men have no dress sense and don't know how to make the best of their appearance, a little tweak here and there can help turn them into an awesome beast!

With a beard...

No seriously, they have different priorities and at this age they're probably not going to change so we should probably leave them to it. If they're not what we're looking for in a man best to move on!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
No seriously, they have different priorities and at this age they're probably not going to change so we should probably leave them to it. If they're not what we're looking for in a man best to move on!
I certainly need to change and being aware of it is a good place to start from but as for others attempting to lay the law down it just doesn't work - not at my time of life anyway.

Most people learn from their mistakes - not other people's.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:26 AM

What's that saying ?

When a woman looks at men she sees potential
When a man looks at women, he sees T*** and Bums

Seriously, I don't think I've come across any of the women Arty describes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:27 AM

I admit I did "accidentally " throw away some of my husbands clothes when we first married, his mum was a big fan of beige and brown and everything he owned was so depressing. He had to admit after we bought him some nicer colours he felt more cheerful and embraced the change and it wasn't long before he outshone me with his dazzling colours bright socks, shoes etc.

I have changed his diet a bit and he eats vegetables something his family never did, but his aspergers has always ruled his behaviours so that's about it for changes.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I admit I did "accidentally " throw away some of my husbands clothes when we first married, his mum was a big fan of beige and brown and everything he owned was so depressing. He had to admit after we bought him some nicer colours he felt more cheerful and embraced the change and it wasn't long before he outshone me with his dazzling colours bright socks, shoes etc.

I have changed his diet a bit and he eats vegetables something his family never did, but his aspergers has always ruled his behaviours so that's about it for changes.
Lol Julie ! Throwing away his clothes ? Good grief !

Surely it should be a joint decision. If a person is uncomfortable about their appearance and wants guidance or approval, then the best way to approach it is by thoughtful and gentle discussion.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:35 AM

I don't have the energy to play "control" games with people.
My first wasband was controlling and a bully, it's not pleasant so I wouldn't want to put anyone else through it.
Women are particularly good at emotional blackmail and manipulation and can alter a man's behaviour without them even being aware, leaving the poor man completely in their power and thoroughly miserable.
I see them all the time, following the missus around until their wallet's needed then dutifully presenting it at tills!
Don't do it guys! Rebel! Regain control!
Grow your beards!

Until I catch one of you anyway!
Keep the beard though!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:45 AM

Reminds me of that old joke:

"a bride´s first thought on her wedding day...aisle, altar, hymn"

I think clothes are the things most women like to change for their men, not forgetting changing their minds for them too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2016, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Lol Julie ! Throwing away his clothes ? Good grief !

Surely it should be a joint decision. If a person is uncomfortable about their appearance and wants guidance or approval, then the best way to approach it is by thoughtful and gentle discussion.
Well it was done for his own good he was miserable with the colours and thought as his family had told him big people shouldn't wear colours, rubbish he's been happy with colours since he got a chance to choose his own clothes.

I've never chosen or got rid of anything of his since just that one liberating time.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top