Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 09:19 AM

Obamas leaving speech .

Oh my goodness what a sickly goodbye speech .
All those tears and praising his family
For goodness sake yes they are all lovely and he is as always a master orator .
Maybe I'm too British
Longdogs
UK
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 11:01 AM

Re: Obamas leaving speech .

I find all his speeches excrutiating. Just spit it out man for God's sake. I also hate all the pointing at individuals in the crowd. What's that all about?
ruthio
Hampshire uk
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
Oh my goodness what a sickly goodbye speech .
All those tears and praising his family
For goodness sake yes they are all lovely and he is as always a master orator .
Maybe I'm too British

Maybe you are.

A genuinely lovely man with integrity and grace...A Presidency free of scandal and sleaze which is horribly uncommon.

The trouble with die hard cynics is they don't appreciate a gift until it's gone.
Julie1962
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 12:37 PM

I agree with ruthio and he could have been a true great if only they had supported his policies.
Muddy
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio View Post
Maybe you are.

A genuinely lovely man with integrity and grace...A Presidency free of scandal and sleaze which is horribly uncommon.

The trouble with die hard cynics is they don't appreciate a gift until it's gone.

I am not a die hard cynic I just don't go for all this gushing emotive stuff .
He is a handsome charming man were he short and fat with a similar wife it wouldn't go over the same .
That's America or indeed the world people judge on the exterior .
Perhaps I am a cynic after all.
ruthio
Hampshire uk
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 12:51 PM

There's a HILARIOUS video clip on Instagram which offers an alternative end to the Obama speech...I wish I knew how to copy it here, you'd love it!
ruthio
Hampshire uk

11-01-2017, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
I am not a die hard cynic I just don't go for all this gushing emotive stuff .
He is a handsome charming man were he short and fat with a similar wife it wouldn't go over the same .
That's America or indeed the world people judge on the exterior .
Perhaps I am a cynic after all.
Don't agree.
Charisma is not confined to the tall dark and handsome.
With genuine emotion and the gift of good presentation a short fat bald man with a short fat bald wife and short fat bald children would have been well received.
Muddy
UK

11-01-2017, 01:03 PM

How many short fat bald presidents of the USA can you bring to mind?
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio View Post
Maybe you are.

Have you forgotten the huge furore in his early years about where he was born?

They were never able to produce a validated birth certificate. The man was born in kenya, which makes it illegal for him to be President.

He allegedly went to a college where no one remembered him ever in any class or capacity.

His real name is Barry Soetoro.
shropshiregirl
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 01:14 PM

I really don't know enough about him and his politics to say whether he was a good or mediocre President.
However, I always got the impression that he was not too enamoured with the British!! He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder about how his grandfather was treated in Kenya, also there was that outrage when he removed Churchill's bust from the oval office, and I must admit.... I wanted to kick him up the backside when he had the blooming cheek to interfere in our politics during the Referendum. (a definite no no with all country leaders).

I did read somewhere that Michelle Obama is looking to run for the next presidency. Talk about keeping it in the family.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top