Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:22 PM

Apple Tree Yard

I don't know about anyone else but I was quite disappointed with the first episode although I will give it another go next week.

I didn't think there was any chemistry between the two main characters and as for 'steamy' I have seen better sex scenes on EastEnders. Having said that, I'm not sure if the lack of chemistry was intentional because she just wanted sex with no emotional involvement or whether it was plain old bad acting. Apparently the actors know each other well and found the scenes very embarrassing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:41 PM

Re: Apple Tree Yard

I watched it too, Dongle and felt much the same as you.
It must be so weird if you've got to appear to be enjoying steamy sex with someone that you know well - pretty uncomfortable I'd have thought, especially if you are friends with his/her family in real life!
Not much of a story I thought, more about sex than anything else? It looked very frightening and violent at the end, didn't it.

As you say, I shall give it another go next week and see how I feel then.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I watched it too, Dongle and felt much the same as you.
It must be so weird if you've got to appear to be enjoying steamy sex with someone that you know well - pretty uncomfortable I'd have thought, especially if you are friends with his/her family in real life!
Not much of a story I thought, more about sex than anything else? It looked very frightening and violent at the end, didn't it.

As you say, I shall give it another go next week and see how I feel then.
Yes, it looks as though the story might develop more next week.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 01:46 PM

Reading the book, much rather do that, only couple of quid on kindle, didn't fancy watching them!
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 02:55 PM

I'll give it another go next week too. Got a bit confused(doesn't take much)the actor who plays the husband is also an actor in Unforgotten.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 02:58 PM

I couldn't hear a word which was being mumbled into the background music
It just seemed to be sex sex and more sex.
That will teach me to watch dramas I don't very often these days .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 04:57 PM

I don't think I would feel that sexy with a man who had his foot stuck in a mop bucket !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-01-2017, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I couldn't hear a word which was being mumbled into the background music
It just seemed to be sex sex and more sex.
That will teach me to watch dramas I don't very often these days .
So what made you watch this one Meg eh? Wink! Wink!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So what made you watch this one Meg eh? Wink! Wink!
LD It was advertised as a BBC psychological drama not a sex drama and Dragons Den had been replaced with football so I gave it a try, I won't bother with the rest ...
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 06:19 PM

Just shows what goes on in The House of Commons'
behind closed doors.

This is true to life, as we know that Prescott coudn't wait to get Tracy's red leather trousers of in his office and elswhere. He was made a Knight later

And what abour Edwina Currie, she wriote a Book about her affair wth Prime Minister John Major in his office and we know he is not grey all over.. Brazen Hussy!

I am surprised a decent man decided to marry her after that revelation.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top