Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 11:18 AM

I've never really been one for taking photos, regretfully.

Never been one for taking photos and now I regret it.

I've done a fair bit of travelling, had some great adventures and wonderful holidays....I've also had some nice cars and boats.

Now I regret not keeping a photo record , especially when I see Realspeeds catalogue of his hols etc.

Oh well, at least I can try to from now on.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 11:22 AM

Re: I've never really been one for taking photos, regretfully.

Sad , but you still have your memories and thats a wonderful thing to have.

OH will be 60 this year and he doesnt know it yet but we are fishing out old photos so that we can do a 'This is your life' style birthday with a big red photo book!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 11:22 AM

I know what you mean we've done it in fits and starts some years loads of pictures others hardly any. But we have our memories, and I do wonder if those who kept video evidence of trips actually managed to enjoy them as much as those just immersing ourselves in the day. Stuck behind a lense just watching not experiencing !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I know what you mean we've done it in fits and starts some years loads of pictures others hardly any. But we have our memories, and I do wonder if those who kept video evidence of trips actually managed to enjoy them as much as those just immersing ourselves in the day. Stuck behind a lense just watching not experiencing !
That's a good point Julie. The first time we went to Egypt, I spent so much time trying to get a good video that I missed most of it and only saw it when we got back.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 11:26 AM

I have taken many photos over the years. I have also inherited lots of photos too of my relatives going back to the dawn of photography.

I was quite pleased with this one, which I took at our previous property.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	View from the patio in Autumn 2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2686  
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 11:27 AM

I have plenty of the kids as they grew up.......just not of the surroundings we were in.....I always seemed to focus on the kids.

I also lost loads when I last moved....some stuff seemed to disappear between moving and then collecting from storage.

If only I'd thought about the future...about documenting...sometimes memories are better when backed up by photos....they don't blurr with age.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 11:35 AM

sadly most of mine were kept by my ex,from when I was a kid to about 50,,,iv asked,but no luck
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 11:40 AM

I found this stone some while back; it reminded me of the face of a seal. I took this photo of it when it was in the goldfish tank.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal stone 2.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	2687  
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 12:22 PM

I tend to take my Camera on every Day trip unless ive been to the same place twice,its more scenery and buildings im interested now rather than the family ..,I have got suitcases full of photos of my children ,lovely memories to keep .
Only one of myself when a child then there's those from when i was 17 upwards .There is others of me growing up but they are with other family .
Hubby always had a photo of himself with his new 2nd hand car ,
And now my Son takes photos of his cars , 1 has been in Car Mags one is always being seen and used by others all around the world .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2017, 12:24 PM

After spending most of my adult life running long distance events I've managed to build quite a collection of photographs, mainly taken by friends and family who supported me, but some were official photographs taken by professionals including newspaper articles. On some of the longer adventures I submitted written reports, and it's these that [together with photos] bring back the more detailed memories.

My Dad was an amatuer photographer and there are quite a few of my early years, he would never go on holiday without his camera. In the fifties and sixties he would develop and print all his own pictures, but as he got older and colour photos became popular he just stuck to taking them and let Boots produce the finished product.

Sadly, when he and Mum passed away in 2009 I had the unenviable task of going through his collection. There were many photographs of places and people he met I didn't recognise, perhaps holiday acquaintances or work colleagues, unfortunately these were discarded.

Looking back over my life I realise that the only important photographs to my daughter will perhaps be those of people whom she knew and places she grew up, and maybe her Dad doing his runs......

Here's one Dad took of OldGreyFox helping in the garden. Mouthy as ever!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top