Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 09:27 PM

'Unbelievable'

It seems more people are still being taken in by internet fraud dating services
A man fleeced of £20,000 by a woman who has disappeared.

Four women , Doctor, Teacher, Business Women. and Great Grandma, ages 55 To 68, all sent £Thousands to men they had never met, all of whom had false identities and two lived in Nigeria
We are constantly warned never to do this, so it is unbelievable that sensible women are taken in.
They succumb when receiving Sweet talk in Emails and by phone
“Oh my darling! I love you so much and can’t wait to hold you in my arms,…[And your Money]
My sweet darling ,could you please help me with my Air fare as my credit card has been stolen and will take some time to replace I can’t use cash as it is a business flight but will bring cash with me. £1000.00 sent. But no amour arriving soon, as he has now broken his leg and in hospital. But still yearning for his soul mate. Surgery will cost £5.000 and he can’t use business funds till the end of the year. “I promise to repay you as soon as possible my own true love”. Another £5,000.sent after £20.000, alarm bells start to ring as he still has not appeared. Finally, with the Police involved to tell them that the photo is of a happily married man who lives in the UK and has never contacted them or been online looking for for romance. Sadly, they do not get their money back as the ‘Bird has flown’ and started all over again with a different stolen identity.

Great Grandma sent nearly all her life savings and children’s inheritance from her poor deceased husbands business ,and insurance to Nigeria, and strangely . still thinks the man is real and waiting for her.. Her son has taken control of what is left of her savings

The Nigerian police can’t seem to control this fraud

How do the Banks allow this money to be withdrawn and sent to places like Nigeria?
If I deposit more than £1.000 or withdraw that amount, HSBC require to know its source in case of Money Laundering. It is a business account

It is such a shame as there are plenty of very nice available men in the UK
And..in every Town, there are Dating Agencies that interview all their clients to make sure they are genuine too, a much better idea if you are very lonely.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 09:30 PM

Re: 'Unbelievable'

It is amazing after all the warnings people get , they still fall for it.
Such a shame really.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 09:32 PM

Azure, With so much publicity, you would think these women and men too would be suspicious when they were asked for money.
I think they must be very naive and not really streetwise when it comes to dating sites and romance with strangers.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 09:57 PM

My friend was taken in despite our warnings. He claimed to be an American who was an engineer with NASA. He spoke with an American accent and they spoke every night on the phone. He claimed his wife had died and he had a daughter. He seemed on the service a genuine character a con man.

This went on for nearly a year, presents arrived, flowers, concern. He even had a fake airline ticket which checked out. He was supposed to arrive at Heathrow but guess what no show. She was too embarrassed to tell us but she had already parted with £7,000.

He then claimed he had to go to Nigeria on business. I immediately got suspiscious, she the received a call from a doctor saying this man was injured in a car accident. I told her to get the doctor to ring back and I would take the call.

His credentials never checked out and the threats started. I told him to go boil his head.

Her boyfriend rang back in tears saying he needed 20,000 grand for hospital bills. I told him I hope you and all your family are struct down with cancer. I asked him if he was religious and he said yes. I said you are now cursed and will go to hell.

She never heard from him again.

This women is not unintelligent but a victim of a very skilled ring of conmen. I never really trust smooth characters anyway. They walk the walk and talk the talk
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 10:13 PM

Mrs Fox comes up with allsorts of weird and wonderful stories to try and deceive me out of large sums of money.........But I'm on to her little game......
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Mrs Fox comes up with allsorts of weird and wonderful stories to try and deceive me out of large sums of money.........But I'm on to her little game......
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Azure, With so much publicity, you would think these women and men too would be suspicious when they were asked for money.
I think they must be very naive and not really streetwise when it comes to dating sites and romance with strangers.
So true, Artangel,

But who would want to give their hard earned money to a complete stranger? You should not have to buy love, or friendship even.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

09-03-2017, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Now then Sir

What does she promise you?

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

09-03-2017, 11:10 PM

Goldielocks

Such a sad story of fraud and betrayal thank goodnes you advised her in time, or she would have lost a greet deal more.

Some women have been made Bankrupt by these evil men.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

09-03-2017, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
It is amazing after all the warnings people get , they still fall for it.
Such a shame really.
Very true Apricot.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top