Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 05:33 PM

She brought back what ?

Dogs went for a lovely walk today over the downs. Saw some sheep and alpacas, sheltered under trees as in hammered down with rain. Then over fields with no one else so let Elsie off to chase her ball, she never finds it her eyesights too bad but she came back something proudly in her mouth ........... She had a huge piece of pork pie !
Couldn't see any irate picnickers so no idea where it came from.

Anyone lost a large lump of pork pie ?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 05:41 PM

Re: She brought back what ?

That large lump of pork pie would have been scoffed by my dog

On a recent holiday my dog was sniffing something long and green in the grass. Afraid it was a grass snake I shouted at her to leave it. On closer inspection i discovered it was a cucumber
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 05:43 PM

I don't want to alarm you Julie, but did you let her eat it?

It makes me remember I saw several warnings in doggy papers last summer about some loathsome dog-haters leaving sausages and other foods down in dog walk areas, into which they had put broken glass and nails and other stuff in.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 06:03 PM

No she's a good girl she knows unless one of us gives things to her she mustn't eat them. When she was a puppy we had a poisoner in our village that made it absolutely important to teach her never to eat anything we hadn't OKed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 06:11 PM

Julie her eyes may not be good, but it sounds like her nose is working very well!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 06:51 PM

My Lab was a total embarrassment when it came to people having a picnic. I always had to keep a close eye on her in the summer. She would race through the middle of them snatching food from plates and tupperware boxes. I lost count of the time when I had to offer profuse apologies.

One day she raced ahead of me on the local sports field to where a mother was playing with her child, leaving her buggy unattended with a plastic shopping bag in the tray underneath. The next thing was that Cinders had a sliced loaf of bread scattered everywhere. The woman was livid and I had no money on me to pay for a replacement.

As for kids playing football - dont even go there...😄😄

I still miss my lovely docile four legged friend.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-08-2017, 07:30 PM

Her tails pretty good too, I swear our Mrs wiggy waggles can knock a person down if she gets really excited
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 07:56 PM

Oscar was known to have snatched a sandwich from a fisherman and Remy ran off and came back with very red lips and smelling stongly of strawberries ..I think he got into someones garden

But the worst thing was when Oscar came running out of the bushes with something like a frisbee, I held out my hand and said give and as he gave it to me I realised it was a flattened dried dead rat! I gave a scream of surprise and lobbed it back into the bushes , Oscare obviously thinking it was a game went and fetched it back again.

I took it off him using a plastic bag but it made me feel quite sick... I think I scrubbed my hands about 10 times when I got home..
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 08:12 PM

Such lovely stories. Lexi is a Working Cocker and has been to Shooting School, but is a hopeless retriever. She is, however, an enthusiastic mouser and I'm beginning to wonder if she and the cat are in cahoots regarding the mouse population here. The other day she appeared in the conservatory looking very guilty and it finally dawned on me that she had something in her mouth. Unusually she wouldn't give it to me, so I went in to get it out. Ugh, mouse still alive but a bit mangled!! (Of course she's not supposed to let go in case the "bird" is still alive) Ugh ugh!!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2017, 09:05 PM

My little rescue, Gypsy, is a mouser too and often catches field mice when we are out for a walk. The other week she had been in the garden for a while. I went into the sitting room and thought she had been sick (or worse) on the carpet. It was however, a dead greenfinch, which she had obviously brought in as a gift for me. I have also had dead frog gifts too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top