Join for free
Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:11 PM

Please Tell Me, Why ‘Say It As It Is’ Members Are Not Welcomed On This Forum?

I am a great believer in ‘Come to the point, don’t pussy foot around’.
I am witnessing lately, that anything some members don’t want to hear, is met with negative posts!

I won’t mention any names but some members start threads that many members reply to in a negative way! They don’t answer the question but attack the thread starter instead!!

My view is, anyone who starts a thread should be applauded! After all, it is good news for the site, the owner and its advertisers.

Not many start threads but don’t support some of the ones that do! Instead, they attack, just because they have taken a dislike to the member. who has started the thread!

It’s quite tragic really....
Floydy
Hull, UK
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:30 PM

Re: Please Tell Me, Why ‘Say It As It Is’ Members Are Not Welcomed On This Forum?

Credit to you first, Art, for starting so many threads. Others are not so forthcoming, and whilst they enjoy joining in they decide to berate the OP with childish arguing amongst themselves in place of some intelligent conversation as the author intended.

My own gripe about most of the threads on here is that they nearly always lose the plot and digress from topic. Members tend to chat freely with silly chit chat after a few posts and I soon unsubscribe from that thread.

On the other hand we could be stuck with the mega dull brigade who rattle on about politics when they know full well that all political parties are the same and are ultimately out to line their own pockets.....oh no! I'm digressing��

Keep up the good work, Artangel, and ignore the boredom dwellers☺
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:31 PM

Re: Please Tell Me, Why ‘Say It As It Is’ Members Are Not Welcomed On This Forum?

Because they don't "say it as it is" they say it as they wish it would be?
TessA
Official Poinker
Somerset
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:37 PM

I think some of the "say it like it is" folks appear to have more prejudiced views than some of us are willing to pander to.
Morticia
Chatterbox
UK
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am a great believer in ‘Come to the point, don’t pussy foot around’.
I am witnessing lately, that anything some members don’t want to hear, is met with negative posts!

I won’t mention any names but some members start threads that many members reply to in a negative way! They don’t answer the question but attack the thread starter instead!!

My view is, anyone who starts a thread should be applauded! After all, it is good news for the site, the owner and its advertisers.

Not many start threads but don’t support some of the ones that do! Instead, they attack, just because they have taken a dislike to the member. who has started the thread!

It’s quite tragic really....
Flaming eck ,, I go away for a few days and find a whole raft of odd threads have mushroomed up.
Art, have you got a job on the side to do with market research and the whys and wherefores of forum life?

You've surely answered your own question haven't you?

Please Tell Me, Why ‘Say It As It Is’ Members Are Not Welcomed On This Forum? .....

then gone on to make a negative post about the replies yourself.

It's a forum innit? Full of th's and noos.
Meself I ink at's true but en again I'm ick.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Flaming eck ,, I go away for a few days and find a whole raft of odd threads have mushroomed up.
Art, have you got a job on the side to do with market research and the whys and wherefores of forum life?

Please Tell Me, Why ‘Say It As It Is’ Members Are Not Welcomed On This Forum? .....

Morti, No,No, it’s not about replies to me but other thread starters!
Recently, l have witnessed insults to another thread starter and l want to shout, ‘Not in my name’!

We need new threads but please give the thread starter a chance and not attack them because you have taken a dislike to them!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
UK
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:48 PM

It's difficult to answer that question without knowing which members/threads you are talking about. When you have been on this site for a while, you tend to know who are asking the genuine questions, who are WUMs and who are just plain rude. You also get to know who would expect a serious reply and who doesn't mind messing about a bit.

I believe that forums work in the same way as conversations in the real world, some are serious, some are boring, some are funny.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Midlands
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:51 PM

Lets not pussyfoot around here folks, let’s say it like it is...Name Names!
Drag them out into the light where they will squirm and wriggle
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2018, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's difficult to answer that question without knowing which members/threads you are talking about. When you have been on this site for a while, you tend to know who are asking the genuine questions, who are WUMs and who are just plain rude. You also get to know who would expect a serious reply and who doesn't mind messing about a bit.

I believe that forums work in the same way as conversations in the real world, some are serious, some are boring, some are funny.

Longy, Please tell me then, why do some members go on a thread to attack the thread starter they have taken a dislike to but don’t even mention the subject of the thread?!!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Don't you dare go away again Mort.
This place goes to the dogs when you do!

I agree wit wot you say's der I fink but I do admire Art for posting (crickey. I nearly said posing there) as she does.
I mean.
The poor Woman must never get out and smell the roses and drink the coffee like wot we does.
But hey.
She provides us with good thought provoking threads, and jolly good entertainment, and jolly good arguments

So don't you take any notice of any bashers here Art.
You have a friend in me.
I am on your side.
Forever and a day.
Bless you.
You hear?
Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top