Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 09:30 AM

Memory is getting worse

Last night I set my alarm on my phone for 9.30 to remind me to do something, it's just gone off and I can't for life of remember why I set it. What am I supposed to be doing ? Ahhhhhhhh !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 09:37 AM

Re: Memory is getting worse

Julie, l hope you eventually remembered!

l always use initials to remind me of things. If they can be sorted into a short word or well known initials, itís easier to remember!

It sounds daft but it works for me!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 09:40 AM

Good idea ill give that a try art.
Lion Queen
West Yorkshire
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 09:40 AM

Oh Julie how frustrating for you. When I set my alarm on my phone I always type in reason. I.ve also got a calendar on my phone and I do the same with that. I hope you remember soon xxc
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 10:49 AM

It is an absolute must for me to write things down, I simply could not function any other way.

I keep a list of things to do, list of appointments, running list of groceries about to run out of, kitty cats dose of meds schedule.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 10:56 AM

My memory isn't great these days for recent events, although I can remember past ones very well indeed.
Zuleika
Cheshire
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Last night I set my alarm on my phone for 9.30 to remind me to do something, it's just gone off and I can't for life of remember why I set it. What am I supposed to be doing ? Ahhhhhhhh !
sorry for laughing .
My home is full of sticky notes .
In your case I would have put one next to the kettle to remind me why the alarm had been set . :lol
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If you use your phone you can write the reason into the alarm. Works for me.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If you use your phone you can write the reason into the alarm. Works for me.
Me too. I also keep notes. If I write something down, then I never forget.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
London
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
It is an absolute must for me to write things down, I simply could not function any other way.

I keep a list of things to do, list of appointments, running list of groceries about to run out of, kitty cats dose of meds schedule.
Yes, me too! I bought some weekly planner pads for brother for Christmas, which I use (when I remember, lol), and he was delighted. He said every weekend he sits down and enters all the stuff for the week, as they both have many appointments.

I do the grocery thing which goes on the fridge under a magnet. I must have a shopping list and am lost if I leave it at home.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top