Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:41 PM

Plastic packing hard to get into...

I don't know about you, but I find the packaging very hard to get into these days. I almost cut my hand trying to get into something today. I wonder why they feel this is necessary. Surely it isn't to prevent theft, as a thief would just take the whole thing, wouldn't he?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:44 PM

Re: Plastic packing hard to get into...

Some of that plastic is really tough isn't. Not a problem here for long though as plastic is on its way out and everything will just be sold in a pile.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I don't know about you, but I find the packaging very hard to get into these days. I almost cut my hand trying to get into something today. I wonder why they feel this is necessary. Surely it isn't to prevent theft, as a thief would just take the whole thing, wouldn't he?

You are not alone Blue, and I for one, find some things ridiculously annoying to get into.

The first thing that springs to mind are new toothbrushes!
I usually end up stabbing the cardboard backing with something so as to get the plastic front off. Drives me nuts.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 06:23 PM

I find the plastic packaging a pain in the a*** .... even worse nowadays as I have limited use in my right arm and cannot use a pair of scissors to try to cut or prise the plastic open.

Some of it is a work of art trying to find a way of opening it
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 06:26 PM

That really tough plastic stuff is a pain, I've been known to resort to using my Dremmel to cut it open
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 06:45 PM

Very tough and awkard Always breaking my nails or cutting myself till I started to use the scissors or Stanley knife.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:27 PM

I find some plastic packaging difficult to get into, especially some of the thicker stuff that is sealed all the way around. I've taken a Stanley Knife to it a number of times. Got to be so careful not to damage the goods or oneself though.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:55 PM

Try getting into a plastic wrapped Swede or Celeriac
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Try getting into a plastic wrapped Swede or Celeriac
I would never by vegs wrapped in plastic!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:18 PM

Plastic is a very useful material. If plastic is suddenly outlawed, I wonder how certain things can be safely packaged. At the moment, plastic packaging ensures the cleanliness of foodstuffs and protection against infection. If all packaging should be banned, I shouldn't be at all surprised if that is overturned by the health and safety brigade.

Once again, it is the government going off at half-cock. Plastic itself is not dangerous, but beneficial.

The danger arises when plastic is not disposed of correctly. Individual users should dispose of such items in the correct refuse bins and certainly should not throw them on the ground. After that, it is the council's responsibility to dispose of the waste. Some plastics can be recycled; others must be disposed of in some other way, probably by landfill.

In the longer term, manufacturers must make use of only recyclable or biodegradable plastic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top