Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 09:04 AM

Muggy Monday

Morning all dull and grey here today, still very warm though .
I am just off to take the car for a service, I don't take a 'courtesy car' and feel a bit lost without my car living some distance from civilisation .

Have a good day everyone

PS AB I hope you are ok, haven't seen you for a couple of days and I have missed our 'Morning thread monitor '.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 09:21 AM

Re: Muggy Monday

Muggy morning here too. Hope it chears up latter.
Enjoy your day all
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 10:24 AM

Morning everyone, Monday mopping and shopping done, coffee in hand, just wondering what there is to do that I could put off until another day, I'm sure that I'll find something....

Have a great day and hey, let's be careful out there....

Barry
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 10:49 AM

Morning all.....Very hard to sleep last night due to the humidity.

Have got an appointment with a huge pile of ironing today.........Groan !!!

Any volunteers ?...............Thought not............

Have a good day..
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 11:02 AM

Good morning everyone. It is 'moggy' as well as muggy Monday for me. I've had my moggy Missy, at the vet's because she wasn't recovering as she should have been after having 2 teeth removed 3 weeks ago. She's fine now. I walked there & back - she gets heavier with every step.

AB, like Meg, I wondered if you were OK. You were poorly a little while ago & I wondered if it had reoccurred.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 11:53 AM

Good morning all, no Sun so far today, anyway I'm off to the races in Co.Kildare for the day with the oldies from the local. It's a bank holiday over here so we gotta leave early to avoid the heavy traffic, see you later.
Take good care of yourselves Folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 12:10 PM

Morning all the sun is trying its hardest to break through the mass of cloud, it's already 20ºC so looks like we could be in for a sticky day.

A piece of my tooth broke away this morning, strange as I wasn't eating or chewing anything at the time. We are off to Devon on Friday for a week so I'll make a dental appointment when I get back ...... it's not causing me any discomfort at the moment.

AB, I hope you're ok too

Enjoy your day everyone!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

01-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Afternoon to one and all.
Took a ride out over to Todmorden this morning for some more compost to prick out next years wallflowers and sweet williams.
Sad to think we are at this stage already, soon be xmas.
Had a tremendous downpour on the way home but it lasted only minutes.
If anything it is even more muggier than before and is quite airless. There is not a breath of wind and most eerily of all it is deathly quiet, except that is for the irate mother in the park screaming for Tarquin to " B*&%dy well get back here or you will feel the back of my hand".

With such a long reach she ought to have better control.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 03:48 PM

Hi, friends! Sunny dry weather continues, August starting the same as July, which, incidentally was the hottest ever month here in Washington. It's a bit after 10:30 am and 30 C (85 F). Going to the bank and on a gin run this afternoon with Chris;that's about all the news.

AB, I join the others hoping you're not unwell .....

Be good to yourselves today!
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Weird really as today started, here, the same as you lot in the frozen north, overcast and a lot cooler, even had 27 spots of rain.

Today has actually been a real pain, the clutch is starting to play up, and to top it all had a puncture on the way to pick SWMBO from work.
Got to where she works and had to change the wheel.
Bearing in mind I'm still a bit tender from my fall and the 'car' is a bloody big 7 seater Nissan Terrano 4x4. Those wheels are a bit heavy to say the least.
I do need two new tyres for the front, so off tomorrow to have some fitted, this last lot cost €150 each so gawd knows what it will be this time.

If it ends up I need a new clutch that will be another €600, so we may be living on bread and dripping for a while. Mind you that should solve the dieting problem.

Not so much 'Muggy' for me as 'Mugged Monday'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top