Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 01:44 PM

Desert Island Disc's

Not sure if this is the right board but here goes.

What would be your choice if you were a castawayon a desert island and was allowed to have 8 records, one book and one luxury item and the reason for your choice?

My choices would be:-

My Way---Frank Sinatra, The way I have lived my life.

Wonderful world---Louis Armstrong. What a wonderful place we live in.

Memories---Barbara Stiesand. Brings back happy times.

Unforgettable---Nat King Cole. To remind me of this forum where I have met(cyberly) a lot of very nice people.

Tonight I celebrate My Love---Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack. Reminds me of My Love for my Wife.

Bohemian Rhapsody---Queen. Reminds me of my son and daughter when they were young.

I left my heart in San Francisco---Tony Bennett. Reminds me of the Good places I have been.

Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana---Pietro Mascagni. Something to relax to.

Book, SAS Survival Handbook---John Wiseman. I would need to survive to enjoy what the Lord had given me. Peace,Quite and Solitude.

Luxury. My wife, The one true luxury I have had most of my life.( next would be an Air Conditioning unit)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 04:40 PM

Re: Desert Island Disc's

That's a good thread AB, but a tough one. You are obviously a very sentimental and romantic Man...Not even one Rock 'n' Roll record?. Sorry, but I don't think Wife's or partners are allowed. It will take me a long time to select the 8 records I will have to listen to over and over again for the rest of my days, so I'll start with the book and get back with the records and the luxury item. I would take a bumper book of not too hard crossword puzzles, complete with answers in case I feel like cheating, there would be plenty of blank pages at the back to record my adventures (if any) on the Island, you never know, some beautiful Mermaid might beach herself and keep me company, she'd have no choice.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 06:45 PM

Glad I'm not stuck there with you AB, apart from one I can't stand the rest of your music selection.

I'm afraid it would a case of topping myself...........
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 08:25 PM

The Best of:

Joan Baez
Mamas and Papas
Woodie Guthrie
The Highwaymen
The Weavers
Simon and Garfunkel
Ian and Sylvia
Elvis

The above in no particular order, and the same reason for all, that's the music of my youth/young womanhood and I love it; it's what I've loaded on Spotify. I never get tired of the oldies.

Book: The Castaway's Manual

Luxury: a case of my favorite wine/gin and vermouth can't decide between the two of them.

I hope there's a cold spring on the island to chill the wine!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
Glad I'm not stuck there with you AB, apart from one I can't stand the rest of your music selection.

I'm afraid it would a case of topping myself...........
It is not a question of whether you like a persons choice or not it is what would you choose?

It would not be a nice world if we all liked the same things.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 09:23 PM

That's true, AB, variety makes things interesting, none of your choices are ones I'd have chosen myself, although they are all good; I'm sure you and others would hate my choices.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 09:45 PM

I would take:

4 Tina Turner - purely because I've always been a big fan of hers, and

4 Country and Western - Jim Reeves, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers and Johnny Cash-for the 'quieter' moments on the Island!

Book - War and Peace-have read it once and have always said I would read it again-would have no distractions on the Island!

Luxury Item: Toss up between hot water bottle/bed socks, just in case it got cold at night!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-08-2011, 10:14 PM

LOL, merz, yet another similarity: Jim Reeves is on my new Spotify playlist and almost made the desert island.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL, merz, yet another similarity: Jim Reeves is on my new Spotify playlist and almost made the desert island.
Love listening to Jim Reeves Eileen, find his voice very 'soothing'. My Brother says he's depressing , but what does he know
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-08-2011, 11:00 PM

Well, a lot of his songs are sad, he's always lost the girl, etc; but that's life, and he sings them so well. Four Walls has always been a favorite.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top