Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 04:32 PM

Arlene Foster resigns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56910045

Arlene Foster is stepping down as leader of the DUP at the end of May, and as First Minister in June.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 04:54 PM

Re: Arlene Foster resigns

Originally Posted by RJG ->
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56910045

Arlene Foster is stepping down as leader of the DUP at the end of May, and as First Minister in June.
My hope is that she will be replaced with someone of the same kidney as Dr Ian Paisley.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 05:28 PM

Hi

Thrown to the wolves by Boris.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Thrown to the wolves by Boris.
Come now Swimmy; Arlene has always been a strong character which is how she got to where she did in the notoriously-tough arena of Northern Ireland's politics.
She was being undermined within her own party before Covid hit and now they've got their way, but it is all down to Arlene herself and certainly not Boris who she has openly opposed regarding the deal and of course the DUP voted against it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 06:43 PM

... just seen her on the tele, she looks good. Ms d00d says she's got a toy boy. 😐
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
My hope is that she will be replaced with someone of the same kidney as Dr Ian Paisley.
His son is in the running I hope he is as you say.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 08:25 AM

I felt so sorry for her you could see she was next to tears when she announced she was stepping down. I didnt know her dad was killed in the troubles and that was why she went into politics....I hope she finds a new role for herself and is happy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I felt so sorry for her you could see she was next to tears when she announced she was stepping down. I didnt know her dad was killed in the troubles and that was why she went into politics....I hope she finds a new role for herself and is happy.
Hi

Not my cup of tea, but genuine, a rarity in Politics nowadays.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 08:53 AM

I was never a great fan of Arlene Foster but we could and may do a lot worse if a hard line old school DUP member gets in. It has to be someone who can work with the other power sharers in Stormont.

I understand one if those standing is a relic from the past , a creationist among other things, not a good replacement for Arlene .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-04-2021, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I was never a great fan of Arlene Foster but we could and may do a lot worse if a hard line old school DUP member gets in. It has to be someone who can work with the other power sharers in Stormont.

I understand one if those standing is a relic from the past , a creationist among other things, not a good replacement for Arlene .
Hi

Some on here would disagree, they want to go back to the past.

I agree with you, I don't.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top