Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 04:16 PM

Slow Lanes for Pensioners

Hi

An idea for supermarkets, slow checkouts for the oldies.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-...-the-elderly/?

Might be an idea worth trying?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 04:21 PM

Re: Slow Lanes for Pensioners

Not thanks
I am a 'pensioner' and I would guess faster than most people in the supermarket as I dash from shelf to shelf weaving between shelf stackers and those who are idly chatting with my well-planned list of shopping pausing for no man
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 04:25 PM

Don't think the Slow Lane would be compulsory for all pensioners Meg, just the one's who cause problems.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 04:29 PM

No thanks from me too. What's the betting there would be the lonely pensioner at the designated slow lane till, happily chatting away with the person on the till when from out of nowhere comes the trolley laden person whom, after scanning all the tills, espies the rather quiet till, races to join it and then start tut tutting because the poor pensioner enjoying her chat is not hurrying through with her shopping!. You always get them.The ones who are in such a hurry they don't realise they are in a designated slow lane till!! Keep things as they are.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Don't think the Slow Lane would be compulsory for all pensioners Meg, just the one's who cause problems.
I won't find you there in the slow lane then Paul
If I do I might mow you down with my trolly as being 'a time waster '
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 04:36 PM

Swimmy, I bet you a fiver this was dreamed up be a bloke (or blokes), who do not have to go shopping regularly.

Firstly, where I shop, I assumed it was part of the check out operator's staff training to chat, because they all chat a lot, and sometimes I can't concentrate on my packing and have a natter at the same time.
I also wouldn't want to be restricted to only shopping at certain times if they did that.

What annoys me more than whether it is a fast or slow lane, is these check out people who start whizzing through the shop at break neck speed, before I've even half finished unpacking my flippin' trolley! This annoys me.
It is so stupid and thoughtess, so instead of trying to keep up with them, I will go at a very steady pace, and make them wait until every last item is packed away before they get their money. So they just have to sit and wait.

Awkward old buzzard aint I.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 04:46 PM

Hi

I must admit that I do not shop in Supermarkets regularly, especially in Summer, when I get my veg etc from the garden.

Once a month is enough for me, stock up with the essentials, rest of the time it is the local markets, much more fun to shop in/
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 04:58 PM

Good idea, I am a pensioner, but there is nothing more frustrating to be in a queue of people at a check out & some doddery old dear is taking ages to find her purse, then she has to put everything she has taken out of the bag to find said purse, back in, then pack her shopping away, because she hasn't said she wants it done for her.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Good idea, I am a pensioner, but there is nothing more frustrating to be in a queue of people at a check out & some doddery old dear is taking ages to find her purse, then she has to put everything she has taken out of the bag to find said purse, back in, then pack her shopping away, because she hasn't said she wants it done for her.

Ah but Tiff, haven't you forgotten something?

If you are a pensioner, you will be in the very same queue as the 'doddery old dear' anyway.
It might even be me!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah but Tiff, haven't you forgotten something?

If you are a pensioner, you will be in the very same queue as the 'doddery old dear' anyway.
It might even be me!
Noooo, I'd spot her & chose another queue.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top