Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 10:48 AM

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Cate darlin' - I've had RLS for years. You can't cure it per se, but you can relieve the symptoms somewhat. Do as I do - fold the duvet diagonally from the bottom corner until your legs are exposed, the coolness of the air may help relieve the symptoms. I do this EVERY night summer and winter - its the only way I can get some sleep.
Me too and it drives me scatty some nights... Last night I was in and out of bed and wandering about all hours. The only thing that eases it for me is cool water in the bath but I cant stay in there all night lol.. well I suppose I could actually!!!
Before my back was so bad I used to jump about the house like an idiot and pummel my muscles at the back of my thighs then jump about a bit more and then lie down..... but still the same!! Its only ever a relief while the self treatment is occuring, once I stopped it kicked in again. It drives my other half a bit mad as I lie there fidgeting lol
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 12:06 PM

I fell for you someone I know has this RLS and it apparently makes life difficult at times.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 12:18 PM

As I say Mr Cookie and me sleep separately as I believe withour different aches and pains, snoring, reading and moaning we would have ended up divorcing so it is not so bad for me.

It sounds to me as if I need to cool the legs down either with the duvet off or in the bath.

I have an ice pack mabe I will try that. Thankyou for your replies I don;t feel so alone but I am sorry there doesn't appear to be a cure.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 12:46 PM

Yep know the feeling well, I find when I get it(it can go away for a time and then creep up on you when you least expect it)a small glass of Sherry helps, it relaxes your legs, and what a wonderful excuse!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2011, 02:22 PM

Well done Annie, pass me the sherry, don't appear to have any small glasses ahh well anything for a quiet niight.
Hell
wolverhampton uk
Hell is female  Hell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 06:26 PM

I have suffered from this myself in the past and it drove me crazy. But when we first rescued Bo we took him on a long walk and when we got home he had restless leg syndrone....it was very funny (I know you shouldn't laugh) but the poor dog was going crazy and didn't know what to do with his legs, he had it a few times during the first couple of weeks with us but has not had it since.. Have any other dog owners experienced this?
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

07-07-2011, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
As I say Mr Cookie and me sleep separately as I believe withour different aches and pains, snoring, reading and moaning we would have ended up divorcing so it is not so bad for me.

Oh my .......... I`d die and shrivel up if I didnt have my Hubby beside me when I go to sleep and wake up in the morning

I`m soooooo used to having him there ( and not just for sex ) I just love his cuddles and pillow talk , I just cant imagine no matter what ailments or illnesses either of us may have that we would want to sleep alone .

I`m so sorry that you and Mr Cookie no longer have that
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

07-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Fortunately he works from home so we do have lots of time together, and we do have time for cuddles and talk. Yep pain is a bad master, although I have heard woman particularly complaining about their husbands snoring, fidgiting or reading in bed, also of course you have the letting off of gaseous wind, why I have even heard of men who hold their wives head under the duvet after such wind passing.

Mr Cookie and I get along really well and of course we never ever go to bed angry that would not be right. We love each other enough to understand that we both need the best sleep we can get, you can still visit and have some pleasant time then go back to comfort. We have been married for over twenty years and so far this arrangement has worked well.

Once a long time ago a woman was complaining bitterly about her husbands snoring keeping her awake. 'One of these nights she vowed, I put a pillow over his head'
A lady who had recently lost her own husband silenced this lady by saying 'I would give anything in the world to hear Frank snoring beside me'

I have never forgotten that.

How refreshing it is to read that you and your hubs are still enjoying intimate time so many marriages after some years seem cold.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top