Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 07:32 PM

Re: what are your favorite t.v. shows?

My favourite, costume dramas, adaptations of classical novels particularly if Andrew Davis or Sue Birtwistle are involved with the adaptation

Can't stand laddish sports quizzes, Jeremy Clarkson or formulaic dramas like 'Summer murders in Holby'.
Odie
Ontario, Canada
Odie is female  Odie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Anything to do with the Roman Empire or historical drama love it.
Boston Legal
Weeds
Silent Witness
Lie to Me
House
Re runs of Doc Martin I love him dearly and his dog.
I'm still watching Boston Legal re-runs as well, another one that should have never been canceled.

House is top-notch in my books, to bad next year will be the last.
Odie
Ontario, Canada
Odie is female  Odie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
No idea why im starting a list here as im a tv addict and i'll watch anything lol but these are amongst my faves..

Have I got news for you.
9 out of 10 cats.
Top Gear.
Mock the Week.
Family Guy.
All the soaps lol
oh and the one I can't remember the name of!! mum & dad plus 2 kids, little girl with curly hair who asks all the questions her parents simply cant answer lol
Family Guy is soooooo funny!

just one soap for me, The Young and the Restless.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 09:29 AM

We love LUTHER.

I think Family Guy is very funny, but I wish they wouldnt ration the new ones to one a week on BBC 3.

The apprentice.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I have had to stop watching Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson makes me sick he acts like a teenage boy, and I refuse to watch any more.I love Outnumbered and Doc Martin, soaps.. Corrie and Eastenders,most drama but notCostume drama.
Ahhh yes thank you! thats the one that i'd forgotten the name of!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 01:19 PM

Trouble is Jeremy Clarkson has managed to get himself onto some of my other favourite shows. He ruined QI, Mock the Week, and Have I got News For You when he appeared.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

08-07-2011, 05:12 PM

I have liked the History Cold Case series on BBC2, both the first and this present one.
Last nights programme dealt with a mass grave in York dating from the civil war and focused on a couple of strange coincidences.
A brilliant show.

I have not watched Top Gear for years, I am sorry to say Clarkson has the sort of boat that I would not get tired of smacking. The other two morons are sycophantic idiots and I begrudge my share of the licence fee going to fund their playtime.

I say this as someone who spent his working life in the Motor Industry.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 06:31 PM

I've no idea how anyone can watch Top Gear, it is so profoundly childish as to be an abject insult to the intelligence.

We have enjoyed the plethora of crime series that have been on recently, Case Histories etc., and we were pleased to see a new series of New Tricks start last Monday, which we have recorded for later.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 07:15 PM

New Tricks was a good one, I enjoy this programme. Also watch all the soaps, Countryfile, Frost, any nature programmes, just want them to bring back Foyle's War.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 08:12 PM

I haven't switched my TV on since Christmas, but I do watch programmes I like on Catch-Up TV because I can choose what time to watch them. I don't like to be regimented!

Casualty and Holby City
Emmerdale and Corrie
The Royal
Eggheads
Weakest Link
and a few others

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top