Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 09:00 AM

Re: What? No Thread Started About The David Beckham Email Scandal!

Originally Posted by Boot ->
The real scandal is that some lowlife criminal hacked into computer servers and someone's private email accounts and copied the contents of Beckham's private emails sent to his agent - then tried to blackmail the agent into paying him a shedload of money to destroy them.
When that attempt failed, I presume this criminal then sold the info he had stolen to the highest bidder to publish - the other scandal is that the media encourage this kind of criminality by paying for illegally obtained info and publishing it. Then the general public lap it up and enjoy criticising the victims of the crime, whilst hardly a word is said about the criminal hacker.
We live in a society of weird moral values.
Very well said boot.
Old Dog
Suffolk
Old Dog is male  Old Dog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 09:05 AM

Folklore?

£500 million .....that's fact not folklore but perhaps that's all just lucky guesses
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 09:15 AM

You miss my point, the money is immaterial, the statement you made suggested that an individual was personally financially astute, I merely pointed out that, that may have not been the case.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 09:40 AM

Well he has done the charity work whether it was just to be knighted or not its more than many of the recipients of a Knighthood have done.
How could he of been so stupid to of put his thoughts on matter in a email.
I still think he's a good chap.
Old Dog
Suffolk
Old Dog is male  Old Dog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 11:23 AM

To be fair, it was a private email so he should be free to speak his mind ...as was pointed out earlier, the real scandal is the hacking of his private emails
Old Dog
Suffolk

19-02-2017, 11:28 AM

You miss my point, the money is immaterial, the statement you made suggested that an individual was personally financially astute, I merely pointed out that, that may have not been the case.

Fair enough, I think he has been shrewd, either in the decisions he took or the advice he followed, but he may have just been lucky.
I don't see many other top footballers who go on to develop their careers after they finish playing to the same extent as Beckham, or to do as much for charity as he has.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Old Dog ->

To be fair, it was a private email so he should be free to speak his mind ...as was pointed out earlier, the real scandal is the hacking of his private emails
Exactly knowing that hacking is out there how could he of been so stupid
Old Dog
Suffolk

19-02-2017, 11:57 AM

So by that argument do you also think any girl who walks home alone late at night and gets sexually assaulted must be stupid.....

We all know perverts are out there
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
A lot safer than the post where dozens of people handle that private letter.......phone calls recorded...friends we've trusted with secrets....etc.

We've always trusted the above.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
How would you suggest he communicate then ? Letters phones all risky too.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top