Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:02 AM

Re: Ten days without my Mobile.

I have got a smart phone but rarely use it, so wouldn't miss it. I most often carry a small non-smart phone when I go out.

I sometimes take the smartphone out though. I have transferred photos taken with a proper camera to the phone so I can use it to show them to friends. The 'Next Bus UK' app can be useful. Also 'MapMyRun' for tracking/showing the route and distance cycled or walked. I think it can also be used as an actual phone if needs be.
gvm
Sussex, UK
gvm is male  gvm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:13 AM

No Landline here, and no broadband, so I'd miss it - yes...
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:22 AM

I have a smart phone, reception is very poor locally .
I rarely use it.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:22 AM

I find the smartphones confusing but I need my mobile to keep in touch with family and friends in the UK. Mostly What's app.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:23 AM

Hi

My phone isn't really lost, it can only be in one of three places.

My house, Sabrina's house on the farm or in her car.

It will turn up, eventually.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My phone isn't really lost, it can only be in one of three places.

My house, Sabrina's house on the farm or in her car.

It will turn up, eventually.

But Swims, I don't understand? You said you'd found it in your trouser pocket in the washing machine the other day, and you were trying to dry it out?

Yes, I would miss mine. I feel safer if I have it with me when I go out. I only use it for calls or texts, nothing else, but I like to know I've got it with me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But Swims, I don't understand? You said you'd found it in your trouser pocket in the washing machine the other day, and you were trying to dry it out?

Yes, I would miss mine. I feel safer if I have it with me when I go out. I only use it for calls or texts, nothing else, but I like to know I've got it with me.
Hi

Yes I know, that about sums me up.

The one I found was the broken one.

I have told you all I am a nightmare to live with.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 10:06 AM

Yes, I'd miss mine. I once went out to the market, I think, without it and couldn't check the bus times. Usually if I see there's a long wait, or the bus stop is crowded, I might walk home with the trolley.

I have all the allotment stuff going on, so invariably there are emails, texts, or calls. Not all the time, but it's handy to know the phone is available when required.

I check my emails, FB, I get instant messages, and again, use the next bus app.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 10:11 AM

I only have a basic mobile phone (a Doro 5030) 'back lit' with big letters so I can see to text which is the only thing I use it for.
It also has an emergency button on the back for summoning chosen people if I am ill or hurt.

I wouldn't miss it at all
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

This will be my 10th day since I mislaid it.

I find it quite easy to live without, relaxing in fact.

Could you cope, or would you miss yours?
Mine is forgotten about most of the time as I rarely use it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top