Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 04:24 AM

Re: Second Hand Books.

When you get to the end of a really gripping novel and all is revealed at the end. But the last page has been torn out
gog63
New Member!
Wales caerphilly
gog63 is female 

14-03-2017, 07:30 AM

I love a second hand book you can buy them as cheap as 10p in our local charity shops. I thought the kindle may have killed the paper or hard back book, but no people still love to turn the pages
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think I'd rather risk my dogs than Febreze Jimmy.

https://healthywildandfree.com/16-su...l-immediately/
Thanks for the link Mups. I have occasionally used febreeze, not on books but on furnishings but will stop now. I suppose anything we spray into the air can't be good. I have always found the best way to remove odours is to open a window.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 10:36 AM

I buy almost all of my personal books from charity shops.
They don't display ones that are too decrepit.
When I go on holiday I normally pack about 6 to 8 in my case.
Read them lounging round the pool (or beach) then leave them at the hotel. Most have a library / book exchange.
This of course this frees up the weight allowance for other things (cheers)!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Frostbeard I think is who sells those candles on Etsy
Thanks, TessA.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:51 AM

Books are probaby full of germs helps build up resistance
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
When you get to the end of a really gripping novel and all is revealed at the end. But the last page has been torn out
Luckily that has never happened to me. I do check no pages have been torn out.

Originally Posted by gog63 ->
I love a second hand book you can buy them as cheap as 10p in our local charity shops. I thought the kindle may have killed the paper or hard back book, but no people still love to turn the pages
Our local charity shops only sell the good paperbacks, I'd not buy if they weren't clean looking. They do sometimes have them at 20p if they have some they've had for ages, but mainly they are 50p each or 3 for £1.

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
I buy almost all of my personal books from charity shops.
They don't display ones that are too decrepit.
When I go on holiday I normally pack about 6 to 8 in my case.
Read them lounging round the pool (or beach) then leave them at the hotel. Most have a library / book exchange.
This of course this frees up the weight allowance for other things (cheers)!

No neither do ours, they know they'd not sell.
I pass mine back to the charity shops when I've read them, if it's a book I don't want to keep.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 12:17 PM

We have got rid of loads of books in the last few years to charity shops. We had hundreds of the things, but now my husband and I have both got Kindles, which we both prefer to ordinary books, there is no point in keeping many of them.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top