Join for free
Page 9 of 26 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 05:00 PM

Re: Additions and changes to our Mod team

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Just a quick update to clear some things up.

We have have mod nominations in the past but people just ended up nominating their friends without thinking about their suitability and so we didn't go ahead with things then. This time around we are asking people to put themselves forward. You can still nominate people if you want to, but ideally we want people to think about what it means to be a moderator and to put themseles forward. It isn't some kind of game - what moderators do and say on a forum can have a profound and lasting effect on members.

There's also been some questions raised about eligibility with regards to prejudice and hateful opinions, so here's a quick-check questionnaire to ascertain how suitable or not a member might be as a moderator:

• Do you believe all humans regardless of where they were born or which race they belong to to be equal?
  • Do you believe all humans regardless of their gender or sexuality to be equal and that they deserve full equal rights? (such as supporting gay marriage and equal pay/rights for women)
  • Do you believe in helping and not discriminating against those who have been persecuted elsewhere or are less fortunate than yourself (ie. those on low-incomes, benefits, or seeking refuge and immigration etc)
  • Do you believe everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to believe (religion or otherwise) so long as they are not hurting anyone else (you don't have to respect their opinion, just their right to hold it and live their life as they please)
  • Do you believe everyone has the right to air their opinions so long as they do so in a respectful manner?

If you answer no to any of these answers you would not be a suitable candidate for a moderator position on this forum. We have members of all walks of life here, and the last thing I want is for anyone to feel less of a member because of the views of a moderator, which, whether we like it or not, is given somewhat of an elevated platform because of their Moderator title.

Having said all that, we've always understood that potential mods are actually few and far between, so what we might do first is create a group of Forum Helpers, and then those who prove themselves can be offered a Mod position (not 100% on this yet mind - it's just an option but would mean we could be more flexible with the criteria above. Ideally we would have enough suitable mods come forward instead)
Not one mention of annual wage or hourly rates or Luncheon Vouchers or any perks wotsoever.

How the heck are you expecting anyone to apply without these.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 05:03 PM

I will apply if there are sexual favours ...or even a rub down with an oily rag from a nice lady.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I will apply if there are sexual favours ...or even a rub down with an oily rag from a nice lady.
I think a poink stick is all that is offered
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 05:29 PM

A fate worse than death.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Not one mention of annual wage or hourly rates or Luncheon Vouchers or any perks wotsoever.

How the heck are you expecting anyone to apply without these.
We do get headache tablets LF
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 06:28 PM

I can't think of one member here who would tick all those boxes that Azz has listed in the OP.
A great deal of compromise will have to be made when making the selections.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We do get headache tablets LF
Iz it coz your women then Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Iz it coz your women then Mags.
That plays a small part Nom
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

17-03-2017, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I can't think of one member here who would tick all those boxes that Azz has listed in the OP.
A great deal of compromise will have to be made when making the selections.
My mum used to like me...does that count?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 08:33 PM

I would nominate...OldGreyFox. He has all the qualities required.

Page 9 of 26 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top