Page 63 of 70 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 > Last »
JimmyC
Australia
JimmyC is male 

21-03-2017, 07:24 AM

Re: Gay marriage

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Jimmy, I never mentioned you at all in my post.

If it had been targeted at you, I would have quoted you.
Oops! Sorry, Swimmy!

(Must admit I was a tad puzzled)

But you mentioned "Gay agenda", which I had just mentioned in my post previous, thass all.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by JimmyC ->
A few pages back somebody challenged my comment that there is a "Gay Agenda" in the world today.
I think there is definitely an "agenda" being promoted which involves being pro-gay, pro-immigration, reverse racist (anti-white), anti-marriage, anti-Christian, anti-semitic, pro-muslim, anti Western culture, anti freedom of speech, anti-family and anti-men. This agenda isn't being promoted by gays, however, but by the Social Justice Warrior snowflakes who, for some reason, hate the culture they were born into and want to destroy it. This agenda has been described by some as "cultural marxism" but it actually has nothing whatever in common with marxism (apart from a staunch belief that they (the SJWs) are 100% right and everyone else is 100% wrong). Rather than cultural marxism, I'd describe them as the fascist liberal left.
The majority of gay people are exactly like the majority of straight people. They just want the freedom to live their lives and get on with the business of living.
JimmyC
Australia
JimmyC is male 

21-03-2017, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I think there is definitely an "agenda" being promoted which involves being pro-gay, pro-immigration, reverse racist (anti-white), anti-marriage, anti-Christian, anti-semitic, pro-muslim, anti Western culture, anti freedom of speech, anti-family and anti-men. This agenda isn't being promoted by gays, however, but by the Social Justice Warrior snowflakes who, for some reason, hate the culture they were born into and want to destroy it. This agenda has been described by some as "cultural marxism" but it actually has nothing whatever in common with marxism (apart from a staunch belief that they (the SJWs) are 100% right and everyone else is 100% wrong). Rather than cultural marxism, I'd describe them as the fascist liberal left.
Yes, there's no doubt about that, Mick. And they don't make any bones about it, either, some of them.

The majority of gay people are exactly like the majority of straight people. They just want the freedom to live their lives and get on with the business of living.
That's no doubt right, Mick, but I'd be more inclined to accept it if it wasn't for the seemingly endless churning-out of pro-gay material in the media. It's not just material for gay people, it's material about "gayness", and it's inevitably accusatory and challenging of the rest of us. I sometimes wonder who is the most persecuted these days - gays or non-gays!

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:01 AM

And if I said that you were being subconsciously homophobic because you just put homosexual peoples' value as less than a cup of tea and a biscuit, how would you feel, Julie?

Well I'd think you'd lost the plot tbh as I was substituting straight sex with a cup of tea and a biccie, who knows I may still be at it if I was a lesbian and not heterosexual

Hey Julie, maybe your hubby's apparent lack of hangups and his habit of "treating everyone as equals" is in reality a subconscious latent homosexual inclination...

See how ridiculous this can get?
If it was I think I'd try to deal with that with dignity, but I've always said if he needs sex elsewhere I'm ok with that as long as I don't know about it. Man woman ? Not bothered really.

You will find those of us who have seen it very close quarters in times when it was different, less liberal often see the idea it's bad in any way as dangerous. I see around the world gay people being killed and mutilated, even in so called enlightened countries they are being encouraged to hide or be reprogrammed. We aren't that far from the time men were imprisoned just because they loved another man.

I see humans as all individuals all different all equal. What anyone looks like what they do in their bedrooms, nothing makes them less than me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:44 AM

Hi

I do not understand the heterosexual male perspective of being threatened by gay men.

Look on the bright side, the more gay men the less competition there is for the attention of a lady.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I see humans as all individuals all different all equal. What anyone looks like what they do in their bedrooms, nothing makes them less than me.
I think few would disagree Julie, but nevertheless, Jimmy has a point. There is a commonsense view (taken from Kinsey's reports in 1950s USA) that some 10% of the population - 1 in 10 people - is gay or bisexual. Taking into account the fact that admitting to being gay in the 1950's would be a pretty brave move and many would have voluntarily stayed "in the closet," one might expect the actual proportion of gays/bisexuals to be much higher. However, In 2010, the Office For National Statistics collected up to date statistics as part of the new Integrated Household Survey and discovered that the proportion of people in the UK who identified as gay/bisexual (bear in mind that the fear of "coming out" is significantly less than it would have been in the 50's) was only 1% - 1 in 100 people. I imagine that if you ask almost anyone, they would assume a much higher proportion. Indeed, one recent survey found that the majority of people assumed that gay/bisexual people made up 25% - 1 in 4 of our population. Why do we assume this? Simply because the media, as Jimmy says, is working flat out to convince us that "gay is the new normal."
I recently watched an episode of Holby City in which every single relationship depicted was a gay relationship.
Unlike many on here, I have a lot of experience working with, sharing flats with and being close friends with gay people and I am not a raving heterosexist in any way, but I do wonder what is going on!
JimmyC
Australia
JimmyC is male 

21-03-2017, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I'd think you'd lost the plot tbh as I was substituting straight sex with a cup of tea and a biccie, who knows I may still be at it if I was a lesbian and not heterosexual
Yeah, and you'd be right, Julie! Just joshin' ya.

If it was I think I'd try to deal with that with dignity, but I've always said if he needs sex elsewhere I'm ok with that as long as I don't know about it. Man woman ? Not bothered really.
Really? I mean, you'd be a little annoyed if he came home smelling of another woman's... er, perfume.... But if it was a man...

We aren't that far from the time men were imprisoned just because they loved another man.
But I love a man, Julie. He's my younger brother. Love him dearly and I would stop a bullet for him. And I have some very old, (as in longstanding), mates who I would not be hesitant to say I loved.

But you can be sure I'd never drop my daks for them!

Yes, and nowhere have I ever said homosexuals are inferior to me. But I'm not inferior to them, either, just because I don't support homosexuality. I don't have a "phobia" or any other mental disorder. Yet homosexuals insist that I do, if I don't support them. So in effect, they're saying that I'm inferior to them.

See, that's why I'm unsympathetic to them.

JimmyC
Australia
JimmyC is male 

21-03-2017, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do not understand the heterosexual male perspective of being threatened by gay men.

Look on the bright side, the more gay men the less competition there is for the attention of a lady.
Swimmer, let's get that one out of the way for good. I do not "feel threatened" by gay men. In fact, I rarely feel threatened by men of any stripe. I can take care of myself.

But when the Gay crowd relentlessly publishes gratuitous and accusatory condemnation of straight people, I do get the same reaction as a threat might produce - namely, a strong desire to hit back. No apologies for that, either.

So far, I've never given vent to that reaction, and probably never would. I'd only put myself in legal trouble if the issue was worth the fight.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 10:09 AM

Jimmy, just out of interest, do you believe you can choose who you fall in love with?
JimmyC
Australia
JimmyC is male 

21-03-2017, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I think few would disagree Julie, but nevertheless, Jimmy has a point.....

....I have a lot of experience working with, sharing flats with and being close friends with gay people and I am not a raving heterosexist in any way, but I do wonder what is going on!
Thnx, Mick.

I often see young blokes working at the malls who are so conspicuously "gay", it's almost a charade! They look and act and speak like they're parodying the "queer pansy" type. They look like they're still in their teens, some of them, and I always think, Are they really homosexual, or are they just adopting the role because it's trendy? If they're only acting a part, I wonder, Why are they comfortable presenting themselves as something they're not? And if they're not acting, Why are they so desperate to put on such a stereotypical display of it?

It's a strange world.

Page 63 of 70 « First < 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top