Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 11:15 PM

Re: Tim Farron Resigns

One of the problems is that these people, apart from being attention seekers, megalomaniacs, psychopaths, are merely career politicians

How many of them have lived in the real world, managed to hold down a real job, experienced an uncushioned lifestyle?

I can't see a solution although PR might help but it would be an interesting change from the current system.
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

14-06-2017, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am unable to comment as I have given up politics.
Oh come on, if that's the case why are you reading this thread.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Typical crassness from the LibDems and Tim Farren to choose this moment to announce his resignation when such tragedy is unfolding in the heart of London!
Couldn't agree more, plus yet again it was all about him and his conscience. .Me,me ,me ! I think we've learnt more about his family in the last weeks than we know about our own.

He just couldn't say that he was resigning because he was no good , or because the rest wanted him OUT.

Complete tool !
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 04:24 AM

Who?

Wonder if Vince Cable will take over?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Dunno ... I've heard people on the radio 'proving' that he's lied.

Oh really ? SO WHAT ?

As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't come over as a slimy git AND, more to the point, he has all the relevant information to hand immediately.

He knows his stuff
Too true! Say what you like about him but he had my utter admiration when I watched him on my tv screen and he stood up to speak at the EU Parliament and gave it to em with both barrels. Oh if only we had politicians in our parliament sticking up for Britain as he does instead of giving us away as they have done.

Nigel for Prime Minister.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 10:23 AM

Will anyone notice his leaving???
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Will anyone notice his leaving???
Not so far, it would seem. The silence is deafening !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I gather he wasn't a fan of the LGBT community, something about them being sinners?
But he never voted like that ! To me that's a truly Christian position to realise it wasn't his place to judge them, he either voted for them or abstained he never voted against them. Unlike some prominent gay MPs who seem to hate themselves so much they vote against every time.
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

15-06-2017, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am unable to comment as I have given up politics.
That's just weak.
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

15-06-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Who?

Wonder if Vince Cable will take over?
Tim was an honest man who just happened to be wrong politically.
I think its a forgone conclusion that Vince will take over and I'm sure he will do a great job. We shall see from his policies if he's wrong too. He will be a better leader for the Country and will start to rebuild the LD's.
Hopefully the LD's will become a better alternative than Labour who have been wrong for the last 100 years without learning a thing about leading the Country.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top