Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 08:00 PM

Re: Have You Ever Been Stood Up? Or, Have You Stood Someone Up?

Yes I did stand someone up once ,I was about 17 and a much older man,working at the same firm as me, wanted to date me,he persuaded me to meet him outside a cinema one night, but I felt uneasy about him so I never turned up.He left the firm soon after and I never saw him again
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 08:08 PM

Have I ever been stood up?.....how long have you got?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Have I ever been stood up?.....how long have you got?
2 weeks......
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
2 weeks......
Not long enough
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 08:34 PM

Ah, that's sad!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Howard ->
I was meant to meet a girl for a date on the steps into a biggish pub, local to her. I waited for ages. Eventually I went for a drink at the bar but still kept an eye out for her. She never turned up. When we spoke a couple of days later she was adamant she was there but I hadn't turned up. I was adamant I was there but she hadn't turned up. Anyway that was the end of that...

...except, a couple of years ago I was driving past the pub and thinking about the date that never was, and realised there was a flight of steps at the front and another at the side. I got a cold flush as it dawned on me that we were probably both there looking for each other coming, but to the wrong entrance.
Howard, Is there any way of contacting her, to explain?
It might stop her swearing every time she thinks of you!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Yes I did stand someone up once ,I was about 17 and a much older man,working at the same firm as me, wanted to date me,he persuaded me to meet him outside a cinema one night, but I felt uneasy about him so I never turned up.He left the firm soon after and I never saw him again
sounds like you had a lucky escape.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 12:14 AM

Oh confession time again..

I never have and I never did

But...
I did turn up to a fifth date once and dumped a guy there and then...
Oh the guilt I felt...
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh confession time again..

I never have and I never did

But...
I did turn up to a fifth date once and dumped a guy there and then...
Oh the guilt I felt...
At least this proves you have a conscience Rhian.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 02:25 AM

Years ago when I was a shy teenager around 17-18, I had just started going out drinking and was in a pub when a barmaid asked me if I wanted to meet up with her sometime and she gave me her number.

I was as nervous as hell, but the next day I called her number and we arranged to meet outside the railway station in Hull. I dressed up very smart and had a bunch of the obligatory flowers with me. I duly waited for what seemed like hours until I left feeling very despondent and went home feeling like I wanted to die, throwing the flowers away as I wandered off home alone.

I went to work the next day and all the lads in the workshop were asking how it went and I told them she didn't show up. They laughed and said it was a wind up and that the barmaid in question was one the lads' girlfriends and in on the act. I lost my normally placid rag and went for the offending young chap rather vigorously with me clenched fists. Both of us ended up in the manager's office and were spoken to in no uncertain terms. Even the boss knew about the wind up.

It took me a long, long time to get over it!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top