Join for free
Jenilou
South of England
Jenilou is female  Jenilou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 11:13 AM

The Great British Bake Off

Absolutely love this programme! Just the whole concept of it, add in the great Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood plus Sue and Mel presenting, then of course the baking and recipes themselves, and it's the perfect hour's escapism for me.

Any other fans on the forum?

Some recipes from the programme here:
http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/...itish-bake-off
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 11:18 AM

Re: The Great British Bake Off

I love it too.. the last series in particular.
Paul scares me to death I wouldn't like him scrutinising my doughy middle
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 03:26 PM

I haven't watched it, wish I had now

Thanks for the recipe link, Jennie - I've bookmarked it
Jenilou
South of England
Jenilou is female  Jenilou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 09:06 PM

The contestants had their work cut out for them in this evening's episode. Biscuits, brandysnaps and macaroons. A few disasters, but some real triumphs. I can't begin to imagine how stressful it must be participating in these tasks. I'd be a jibbering wreck!

I think the right one went tonight in Ben. He doesn't seem to take the judge's criticism very well in regard to his flavourings and he basically had a bad round every round.

My favourite is Jason, who was Baker of the Week for the second time along with Holly, who is clearly a contender as well.

Great programme. Makes me want to get out my Mary Berry cookery book and get baking!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jenilou ->
The contestants had their work cut out for them in this evening's episode. Biscuits, brandysnaps and macaroons. A few disasters, but some real triumphs. I can't begin to imagine how stressful it must be participating in these tasks. I'd be a jibbering wreck!

I think the right one went tonight in Ben. He doesn't seem to take the judge's criticism very well in regard to his flavourings and he basically had a bad round every round.

My favourite is Jason, who was Baker of the Week for the second time along with Holly, who is clearly a contender as well.

Great programme. Makes me want to get out my Mary Berry cookery book and get baking!
I fell asleep this evening and missed the macaroons will have to catch it on I player.

I would be a wreck too and I couldn't possibly do everything in the time allocated...
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

03-10-2011, 11:48 PM

Quite by accident I tuned in to last weeks programme as my lady had recorded it to watch later on.
I normally hate these kinds of things with a passion but something about these ladies and their baking fascinated me and I just had to watch it till the end, without zipping through to the results.

I will confess to hoping that one of them would wack that snooty cake mixing harridan Mary Berry, round the ear'ole with a wet eclair.

Sadly that did not happen but I will have to watch the final this week and just hope her souffle collapses.

Seriously though, it was so nice seeing real folks enjoying what they were doing, the contestants that is.
Without wishing to be at all personal and speaking as the original f** B******, the girls all looked as if they really liked their food.

As for the other shows like this, I might be able to stand a little Masterchef but where will I find one at this late hour
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-10-2011, 11:52 PM

The final tomorrow and I think Masterchef will be good this week with some quirky contestants
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

04-10-2011, 12:16 AM

I am so sorry for posting a thread that had already been running for a while, I thought I had checked down the list but obviously not careful enough.
Apologies to the OP and all.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top