Join for free
Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 02:41 PM

Re: Adult to adult debate

Hi

Threads evolve, that is part of life and often you learn things you have never even thought about, well at least I do.

What I do have an issue with is too much control, you can educate, but you should not try to control other's thoughts.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 02:46 PM

And vot iss rong mit control?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Threads evolve, that is part of life and often you learn things you have never even thought about, well at least I do.

What I do have an issue with is too much control, you can educate, but you should not try to control other's thoughts.
I agree and so, it appears, do the mods and Admin or they would be deleting threads and banning members.

There are clear rules on the forum and, unless they are broken, we are free to discuss or argue until the cows come home.

(Er, I'm not calling anyone a cow, btw!)

Members who are not mods (or whatever they're called now!) have no right to dictate to the rest of us what we may and may not say.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:15 PM

So what you mean, in other words is ...

We all sink or swim beneath the waves on our own merit (or failings) ... without another member to either
1) Throw us a life belt.
2) Make us walk the plank.
3) Push us under to meet a watery grave.

And anyone who goes for that has to be either brave or bonkers ... which is why I love the place.
Psst ... not forgetting Management who reserve the right to throw anyone overboard.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I disagree, Threads are "Created".
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
So what you mean, in other words is ...

We all sink or swim beneath the waves on our own merit (or failings) ... without another member to either
1) Throw us a life belt.
2) Make us walk the plank.
3) Push us under to meet a watery grave.

And anyone who goes for that has to be either brave or bonkers ... which is why I love the place.
Psst ... not forgetting Management who reserve the right to throw anyone overboard.
I think I agree, I've just got to work it out first
I like to throw a life belt sometimes if I sense blood...is that allowed??
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes spitty .... but that way we'd all have to rest on the seventh day and it could be quiet around here on Sundays.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
So you start out as God, and then when they evolve you end up as ... let's see...an amoeba, a jellyfish??

Sounds about right!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

03-10-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I think I agree, I've just got to work it out first
I like to throw a life belt sometimes if I sense blood...is that allowed??
Yes. I've thrown one or two during my forum lifetime.
Ergo: Bin my analysis ..it was incorrect and inaccurate.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:25 PM

It's a funny life being a Human Bod, the first 20% is spent wondering about "To Be", the remaining 80% wondering about "Not To Be".

Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top