Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 01:08 PM

Re: What do you prefer

[QUOTE=twizzle;1304348]Ah, well they're nice to have, I'm sure but I'm sorry you're disabled enough to qualify early. Hope you are feeling as well as possible in your circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Not really darlin', but I won't bore you with the details, suffice to say I need a new, decent pair of lungs.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
My husband calls me his old dear, and he's the old fart.
It doesn't bother either of us.
I don't like either name. I still remember when rushed into hospital a couple of years ago and being wheeled into a women's bay. When I was fully awake I looked around at the other seven rather elderly ladies in the other beds and thought: "Good God, I must be the youngest here! why haven't they put me in an ordinary ward with younger people?" I was in what they kindly refer to as the Geriatric Ward!!!!. No television, No radio, No flowers, couldn't even eat the satsumas that HWMO brought in because the elderly lady in the next bed was allergic to oranges as I was kindly informed by the staff nurse, so would I please stop eating them on the ward. They treated one like a child instead of with respect as an adult with years of experience in that ward.

So no, as far as I am concerned I am Duchess to HWMO. Mum to the gorillas, Gran to the grandkids and Sis to my sibiings and to hell with authorities and those who make up the names for those of us over 60.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 02:25 PM

I'm nowhere near either of those descriptions yet but eventually, I would prefer Senior Citizen.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 02:26 PM

I dare anyone to call Me an old age pensioner or a senior citizen,,no way..(not to My face anyway)
Granny J
Hampshire
Granny J is female 

31-12-2017, 02:46 PM

I don't think of myself as old, that is if I think about it at all. So I don't really want to be either an OAP or a senior citizen, can't think of a better word though.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2017, 02:56 PM

pensionist is the name here, but I never hear it used, I just get called That Gamel Englishman" or old English man.
I dont get free prescriptions, free eye tests, a bus pass or anything else. i dont even get a Norwegian Pension, I worked here, but I was over pension age then so didnt qualify
The only thing I get is 30% off long distance travel on the Bus . So really nobody recognises " Pensioner" you takes your chance with the rest.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:56 AM

An ageing youth.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
If you had the choice would you like to be known as an OAP or Senior Citizen?
Apricot, None of them! I don’t do ‘old’!

I keep my myself ‘young’ in mind and body. I am not ‘mutton dressed as lamb’ either!!
Virgo
New Member!
Yorkshire, UK
Virgo is female 

01-01-2018, 06:20 PM

Jubilado (Spanish for Retired) will do me thanks - it has a good positive sound to it.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 07:48 PM

I prefer BOBO...burnt out but opulent

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top