Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 08:44 AM

Re: Love where you live do you?

Originally Posted by Marie Rachel ->
They are really good, but you have to know where to get them as they all are not created equal. My favorite places are Jims on South St. Chinks on Torresdale Ave. and Steves Prince of Steaks on Roosevelt Blvd. and of course, Geno's. I like provolone cheese on mine, no wiz for me, with fried onions, no ketchup with salt and pepper. A hot pepper on the side is good too.
I had one for dinner tonight. Homemade. But you have to go to a butcher to get right kind of meat and sliced the way it should be. Was awsome!
Marie darlin' - we had them here too some years ago - one of our pub's made what they called a steakwich - crusty french stick loaf with a steak, fried onions, and chillies (optional) - absolutely delicious!!!

The film 'Rocky' was named because of the boxer - 'Rocky' Marciano - he was the American heavy weight champion. Sometime in the early 1950s he was scheduled to fight Don Cockle our British champion. The fight took place in America and was being broadcast 'live' on the radio. My Dad (George) was a keen boxing fan and he set his alarm to be up early (circa 02.00) to listen to the fight. He was disappointed, because by the time he got downstairs, turned on the radio and allowed it time to warm up - the fight was all over - didn't last more than 2 minutes - 'Rocky' knocked out Don Cockle.
Marie Rachel
Phila Pa
Marie Rachel is female  Marie Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 12:15 PM

Uncle Joe that sandwich sounds really really good. I love many things on french bread.
By the way, would you happen to know what a "proper chicken" is?

@ Antibrown, I think you do too. Beautiful!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 01:05 PM

Kitty darlin' - 'proper' chicken is meat from a chicken which hasn't been 'processed' by KFC or Burger King - but actually looks like and tastes like 'proper' chicken.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I think I live in Gods country.

http://
What a stunning place AB, I've never been to the Lake District and I can see that I'm missing out on a lot

Do you live in a rural setting?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 12:14 PM

Oh goodness! I've been away from this forum for a while and never saw this thread. I do so love the Pacific Northwest of the United States. I live in Oregon that has every climate and natural wonder you could name. We're surrounded with Hundreds of miles of Pacific Ocean just 60 miles to my West after driving/riding through the Cascade mountains to get there. We have waterfalls everywhere, along with lakes, rivers and streams that cascade over smaller falls. We have snow-topped mountain ranges surrounding Portland, Oregon where I live. I'm actually in a valley and can see them from local highways as if you could reach out and just touch them. To my East there are high deserts and volcanic lava fields. In that area there is open range with barren lands allowing you to see for miles.The air and water here are the purist you'll find everywhere. Even our water supply comes from an untreated reservoir touting crystal clean mountain water from the melting snow pack. It's a great place to live.

Crater Lake National Park - Southern Oregon

Columbia River Gorge

Multnomah Falls Oregon

Mount Hood, Oregon in October

Canon Beach, Oregon at Haystack Rock

Japanese Gardens - Portland, Oregon

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 12:31 PM

What a wonderful place to live, Bob ...... I do envy you!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 04:48 PM

Fantastic pics, Bob .... nice to see you back!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 05:45 PM

I am stunned by the beautiful picture of Oregon, the Multnomah Falls Oregon is out of this world
Marie Rachel
Phila Pa
Marie Rachel is female  Marie Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 08:31 PM

My daughter has a friend in Oregon and he just loves it there. He went to ski on Mt. Hood quite a few times. Very pretty pictures indeed! As much as I love nature, I suppose being born in a big city, that is where my heart is. I love the hustle and bustle, but maybe as I get older, that may change. Yeah, I think there is a strong possibility. Where I live is considered Phila, but I am the last city street before the suburbs begin, so I have the best of both right now, and there is a farm around the corner from me! The Fox Chase Farm. It's kinda strange that we have one, but we do!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2011, 09:15 PM

Marie, I'm a City girl too; born in one. The countryside is lovely to visit but I'd never want to live there.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top