Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 04:42 PM

Re: Spending the kids inheritence? Too right we are!

Good for you Shrops!
I am leaving the children everything just hope I dont live to 100 and waste it all on nursing home fees.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My husband and I are making sure we help out our kids whilst we still can, we can't take it with us, and it is now that the dosh is needed.
Thanks Jazzi and Muddy

Good for you tarantula. We would certainly do the same if needed, but thankfully, they don't need it. We would be there in a heartbeat if ever they did need help though. That's what mums and dads do if they can.

I believe as I said, we have put our house in order and have no guilty feelings for our plan. And as Carol says, in a way, it's not "all" of their inheritance, as they will still be looked after when we go sit on a cloud.

In the meantime, they know fully well that should the need ever arise, they know we will always help them out, just as we did many times when they were struggling as they spread their wings. But now we are putting each other first after all these years. Thankfully, they are happy for us. That means a great deal to us.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Good for you tarantula. We would certainly do the same if needed, but thankfully, they don't need it. We would be there in a heartbeat if ever they did need help though. That's what mums and dads do if they can.

I believe as I said, we have put our house in order and have no guilty feelings for our plan. And as Carol says, in a way, it's not "all" of their inheritance, as they will still be looked after when we go sit on a cloud.

In the meantime, they know fully well that should the need ever arise, they know we will always help them out, just as we did many times when they were struggling as they spread their wings. But now we are putting each other first after all these years. Thankfully, they are happy for us. That means a great deal to us.

To give our kids their due, they never ask us for money, I have to have their arms up their backs before they will accept it. But I know they are grateful, just as we are grateful to them as they look out for us since my husband's brain haemorrhage in 2006.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 04:48 PM

Job well done!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 04:58 PM

Good for you Shropshiregirl, your new life begins and I hope you have many happy holiday years ahead.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 05:05 PM

Have a great time
Can highly ercomend been retired

Don't know where all the time goes

We planned our retirment from 1986 have been of no use to anybody for over 10years now its great do what you want when you want

We don't have kids so its all ours

Suggest you put your money in a trust off shore no tax triple lock Uk pension lovly jubliee
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 05:06 PM

We were all set for our travels 6yrs ago....then hubby had his stroke....so yes go for it........enjoy x
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
To give our kids their due, they never ask us for money, I have to have their arms up their backs before they will accept it. But I know they are grateful, just as we are grateful to them as they look out for us since my husband's brain haemorrhage in 2006.
So sorry about your husband tarantula. I hope he has recovered well after such a horrific thing to happen.

I had to smile when I read how your children have to be strong-armed into accepting money they need. My lot were the same when younger. Youngsters have a lot of pride and we know it is never easy having to ever ask Mum and Dad for help as a last resort. It must mean a lot to you that they are grateful for your help. That is all you need to know. We would give them the world if they needed it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 05:19 PM

SG, hard work and good planning, along with a little luck has enabled you to enjoy the fruits of your discipline. Go have fun!

You are setting an excellent example for your children and grandchildren that saving and delayed gratification definitely has its rewards (security and and a decent amount of discretionary funds) later on.

Thrilled for you! We want travel reports!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
So sorry about your husband tarantula. I hope he has recovered well after such a horrific thing to happen.

I had to smile when I read how your children have to be strong-armed into accepting money they need. My lot were the same when younger. Youngsters have a lot of pride and we know it is never easy having to ever ask Mum and Dad for help as a last resort. It must mean a lot to you that they are grateful for your help. That is all you need to know. We would give them the world if they needed it.
My husband has only half a working brain, which frustrates him terribly as he can't do anything of an academic nature anymore, which was always his greatest love. He was determined to put as much back as he can, and due to his extremely high intelligence he has done much better than expected. However, as I have said many times before, it might have been kinder if he hadn't survived, as academia was his life.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top