Join for free
Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:25 PM

Re: Do you complain more or less..

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree Morti.

There is a lot of stuff being dragged across into this thread that seems to have come adrift from the politics section IMO.

When Blue started the thread, I doubt very much if her thoughts were anything to do with Brexit, else no doubt she would have posted it in that section.

It's just another excuse to start an argument IMO.
I'm not falling for it anymore Mups ... cos I'm lovely.
A bit more polishing and I can hang me halo up for night.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I remember in primary school being told to find better words than "nice" and "pretty" in our creative writing, because they didn't have much meaning.

I think calling someone "nice" is rather dismissive and implies they don't have much to them. The same with "dear", which can be used quite aggressively.

On the other and, it could be regional, because us Londoners use "darling" a lot and mean it affectionately.

I think finding expressions like "dear" "nice" "bless" and "really, really lovely" patronising is accepting them in exactly the manner they are meant. The intent, conciously or not, often is to be patronising.

I find that rather sad.
Must remember not to call you "Nice" then.
Wouldn't want you to think I was being patronising.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:27 PM

I find that rather sad.
Me too and a bit weird.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:27 PM

I remember in primary school being told to find better words than "nice" and "pretty" in our creative writing, because they didn't have much meaning.

I think calling someone "nice" is rather dismissive and implies they don't have much to them. The same with "dear", which can be used quite aggressively.

On the other and, it could be regional, because us Londoners use "darling" a lot and mean it affectionately.

I think finding expressions like "dear" "nice" "bless" and "really, really lovely" patronising is accepting them in exactly the manner they are meant. The intent, conciously or not, often is to be patronising.
Well bless... Twizzle my dear .. I might not agree with your views but I suspect there is a vibrant really really nice, lovely person inside that Remainer cast iron carapace.

Hee..hee .. crack a smile.. this thread couldn't get any madder.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well I think you are really lovely Mups but you have managed to sort out all your recent problems by complaining and standing up for yourself. I think you have done well.

Well thank you kindly dongle dear.
I think you are really, really lovely too.

(I'd put a X as well, but wouldn't want to be thought patronising. )
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:30 PM

Well thank you kindly dear dongle.
I think you are really, really lovely too.

(I'd put a X as well, but wouldn't want to be thought patronising. )
Buy hats folks.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well bless... Twizzle my dear .. I might not agree with your views but I suspect there is a vibrant really really nice, lovely person inside that Remainer cast iron carapace.

Hee..hee .. crack a smile.. this thread couldn't get any madder.
Well, not madder, but it certainly just got a lot more unpleasant with your deliberate attempt to patronise, stir and insult then trying to pass it off as a joke. Nothing "nice" or anything to smile about in that post.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

03-03-2018, 09:35 PM

That is so so sad. No sense of humour.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:35 PM

As for calling the French "frogs", it's certainly not a common expression among those under 60, a throw back to the racist thinking of the 1940s and 50s, it's like a time warp in here. That it's the way you speak says a lot about you.

I would imagine you holiday in the EU because like a lot of Brits you like the climate, scenery, cheap booze, prices etc and because of that you are prepared to put with the Europeans you despise and their culture.
That's OK because I'm over 60.

The way you speak says a lot about you. My use of the word 'Frogs' is done in jest; they way you speak suggests to me that you are one of those overgrown teenage snowflakes. Were you one of those Greenham Common women who paraded about with 'ban the bomb' placards?

Actually, we like the scenery, the food and the culture. The others are unimportant, especially cheap booze. We rarely drink. Prices are generally higher than in the UK, if you take into account travelling costs.

For heaven's sake, why am I even bothering to try to reason with this woman?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:37 PM

A message for Twizzle..

It is quite obvious that you are fiercely protective of what you believe in and you will fight to the end. I have to say, I admire you for it!

If that was patronising then... tough titty, l mean it, even though l voted to leave the EU.

Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top