Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 09:51 AM

Re: Do you ever feel like getting away from everything?

PS.
Just to add my son's taxi driving involves night work. Friday and Saturday he works from 4.00pm till approx 4.00am the next morning. Sunday he usually finishes about 2.00am.

He works a full day on Tuesday and then he doesn't work at all on Mondays Wednesdays & Thursdays. He enjoys his 3 days off in the week. Paula works it so that at least some her days off coincide with his. They have some quality time together walking in the Derbyshire Dales and romantic lunches - just the 2 of them, while the kids are at school.
jinglebells
New Member!
lincs. UK
jinglebells is female 

09-03-2018, 12:23 PM

I don't know you Floydy so don't know your circumstances. If it's personal problems eg relationships etc then only you can know how that is working, but I would say that if you just let things get you down and down it will be bad for everybody. Try and talk it through or even write it down in a letter, people kick off as soon as you start to talk and don't actually listen, but if it's written down they can keep going back to it. Say how you feel about things rather than shoot someone down in flames and passing blame. It works too to write down what makes you feel bad and what is good in your life. Mull it over, what can you change, work at, get rid of etc. Just look at options. I found that once I had a plan and knew I could do this or that to change things I could cope so much better knowing that if I needed to I could change my life, I had an escape route. Hope you feel better soon.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Floydy, it seems to me that these feelings have accelerated since the disagreement with your work mate the other week. Even a boring job can be made bearable if you have someone to have a laugh & a joke with. I know this from my time as a sewing machinist.

Jobwise Floydy - have you thought of becoming a taxi driver? My son changed his low paid job for taxi driving and now he's earning double the money and he loves it.

A little breakaway/mini holiday with your wife might clear your head and give you a more positive state of mind.
I considered taxi driving, Carol but being a fitness fanatic (of sorts!) I don't think I could spend all that time in a cab. Plus the idiots who get kicked out of clubs at three in the morning would annoy me, so I'll put that one on hold thanks.

No problems with 'Pat'. Up to him now. There's another 19 blokes I get on great with on nights, so it's his loss he's lost such a fantastic friend I'm happy otherwise, carol, it's just the hours that screw me up. I know there's a light at the end of that dark tunnel, so my time will come. I'm fine away from work, loads to do apart from having the free time! On holiday in June so that's worth looking forward to.

Originally Posted by jinglebells ->
I don't know you Floydy so don't know your circumstances. If it's personal problems eg relationships etc then only you can know how that is working, but I would say that if you just let things get you down and down it will be bad for everybody. Try and talk it through or even write it down in a letter, people kick off as soon as you start to talk and don't actually listen, but if it's written down they can keep going back to it. Say how you feel about things rather than shoot someone down in flames and passing blame. It works too to write down what makes you feel bad and what is good in your life. Mull it over, what can you change, work at, get rid of etc. Just look at options. I found that once I had a plan and knew I could do this or that to change things I could cope so much better knowing that if I needed to I could change my life, I had an escape route. Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks, Jinglebells. I'm working on it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:04 PM

What about working in a fitness center Floydy?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
As what - A night watchman?

I think he'd need official qualifications to be a fitness instructor.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Good call, Sweetie Pie! Or it might have been some ten years ago. Even in my glorious state of musculinity I'm a trifle weathered for the PT lark these days. Perhaps I could put the weights back into their correct place or something...?
But then my back would probably conk out and my knees would buckle!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:13 PM

A lot of folks seem to worry about "Their Lives".
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Good call, Sweetie Pie! Or it might have been some ten years ago. Even in my glorious state of musculinity I'm a trifle weathered for the PT lark these days. Perhaps I could put the weights back into their correct place or something...?
But then my back would probably conk out and my knees would buckle!
Well, I am sure you could still explore that route Floydy.
I know GPs do referrals for getting fit.
You could work and do a course.
Just a thought.
I may look into this for you, and send you a PM, if you want?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-03-2018, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A lot of folks seem to worry about "Their Lives".
My life is good on the whole, it's just the work aspect.
I've just got to get on with it tbh and look forward to a couple of years' time when I'll be in a better position to reevaluate stuff
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 11:25 PM

Life is what it makes you, time will tell.

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top