Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 03:48 PM

Re: Children with no shoes on.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It’s funny that the first thing you think of regarding going barefooted, is dog poo!

I was on holiday once with some friends, their 9 year old son came running across the beach barefooted, did a huge jump and landed straight on a broken piece of bottle in the sand.
It was horrible, there was blood everywhere.
Broken glass is dangerous.
I remember being on holiday & everyone on the beach has tar all over their feet, including us, it's a terrible thing to remove & makes feet very sore too.
yggdrasil
South West
yggdrasil is female 

24-07-2018, 04:11 PM

Why would anyone wear shoes on a beach? Yes there are nasty things around, but kids have to learn to look out for themselves.
I walked a lot of places barefoot when I was young and lived by the sea. Not just the beach but all over the lovely soft turf of the South Downs.
And now I live by a different beach, I still do in the right weather
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by yggdrasil ->
Why would anyone wear shoes on a beach? Yes there are nasty things around, but kids have to learn to look out for themselves.
I walked a lot of places barefoot when I was young and lived by the sea. Not just the beach but all over the lovely soft turf of the South Downs.
And now I live by a different beach, I still do in the right weather
Not even flip flops or crocs?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 04:48 PM

It’s funny that the first thing you think of regarding going barefooted, is dog poo!

I was on holiday once with some friends, their 9 year old son came running across the beach barefooted, did a huge jump and landed straight on a broken piece of bottle in the sand.
That's the trouble isn't it. We can't trust people to get rid of their rubbish safely.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 05:16 PM

I walk barefoot on the beach, but would not do it on pavements or in shops!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I walk barefoot on the beach, but would not do it on pavements or in shops!
I remember back in the late 70's I used to see a woman on the tube almost every day and she never wore shoes. She had feet like a Rhino.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:25 PM

It never did Sandy Shaw any harm.....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It never did Sandy Shaw any harm.....
She only took her shoes off to sing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 11:18 PM

As you say Art, revolting though it would be, I would sooner step in dog poo than tread on broken glass.
At least the dog poo would wash off and not rip your foot open.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
She only took her shoes off to sing.
What about Zola Budd?....

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top