Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 12:49 PM

Re: Things you can't get anymore and you miss.......

I miss playing with my hoop and stick and riding on the handlebars of my dad’s penny farthing!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 12:53 PM

Tesco used to sell a desert called Lovely, chocolate & a dob of cream on top, in the freezer cabinets, they were nectar, then for some reason they stopped selling them, I have no idea why. They were delicious!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 02:42 PM

I miss films that are made in the correct order.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 04:12 PM

miss broken biscuits already bagged up what my mum used to buy …
miss pic n mix=sweets..
miss-spangles .. and chocolate cushion sweets …
miss toni bell ice cream ..

miss old fashion wafers from the ice cream van ...
miss my mothers stews...and coconut cake -delish ''
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 04:30 PM

Heinz Curried Chicken Toast Toppers, used to love them
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 04:46 PM

Oh, definitely the old recipe Milky Way that I loved as a child.
I took a tiny bite of the proffered just opened bar of Milky Way from one of my little great-granddaughters not long ago. YUK! it was akin to eating a lump of sugar, it was so sickly sweet.

I well remember it used to taste of a lovely malty, creamy centre with nice chocolate on the outside, but the yukky Milky Way of nowadays is disgusting!

Still my all-time favourite though was Fry's 5-centre, Fry's chocolate Cream and Bounty. I know one can still get the last two but haven't eaten one for years. Mmmmmmmm!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 04:50 PM

Oh, I almost forgot this one. Jersey Potatoes as they used to taste! They have nothing like the taste they used to have, so much so that I don't buy them anymore - I much prefer Charlottes. I used to really look forward to the very first Jersey Royals that used to come into the Supermarket at the start of their season, I wouldn't even flinch at having to pay £3 for a small bag of them for Sunday Lunch. Goodness, I do miss them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 05:44 PM

Ribena and other squash without sweeteners, Tyne Brand mince, Iceland Cheese Souffles...

You can still get Fry's chocolate and peppermint cream bars in B&M.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 05:47 PM

Vesta Curries.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 06:13 PM

When I was a little girl, I remember my mom having a little bottle called "smelling salts". I remember she would smell it if she had a headache.

Anyone in UK remember anything like that?

Another thing we always had in the home was Mecca Ointment. It was for "everything".

Also, there was a little bottle of red stuff that mom would put on a scrach if we got hurt a bit out playing. mecuricome or something like that.

PS: This is a fun thread, brings back lovely memories. I haven't read all of it yet, but I will.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top