Join for free
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 10:28 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Nice one!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Nice one!
It made me laugh.
You are most welcome here Besso.
Mostly stories and thoughts.
Some regulars are missing.
But I keep it going.

I just popped back to say Goodnight.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 07:38 AM

I thought it was Jem's thread and he kept it going? - is there a take-over action forming here?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 08:10 AM

I thought it was your thread Gummy, hence the title.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 09:17 AM

About a week after my dad died, he came back to see if I was alright.

He told me that St Peter had made a clerical error and he wasn't due in Glory for another 10 years.

In any case He was very settled up yonder & he was able to smoke again, was able to tend to his earthly stud of budgies from the 1950s/

Watercolour materials were plentiful and free.
It all sounded very inviting.

The conversation came around to the health of his wife, my mother.

How is she Rob, he asked smiling.

Pretty frail I told him.

At once his face screwed up and he confessed to me that he was quite happy on his own and wasnt nagged mercilessly as he was down here.

IN the event ,mother lived another 12 years before her body gave up. Her mind had gone years before.

I hope they're happy now, for in truth after 55 years of wedlock, they adored each other.
They just didnt show it.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I thought it was your thread Gummy, hence the title.
Upon consulting my journal for 2012 note that this thread was started by JEM.

Meg & Mags, decided that because of its astronomical accumulation of posts, it should be divided into 5 parts & in this conversion GUMBUD became the NamED PERSON.

I thought it odd, but JEM didn't seem troubled.

The KIng is dead , long live the King.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

30-11-2018, 09:37 AM

I take my hat off to Ms Sweety Pie.

How did the young Debutante manage to post on the forum when busy in the big apple?
Hubby must be a hero

I only wish I had a fraction of her get up and go.

Mine got up and went years ago

.Have a nice day folks
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

30-11-2018, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I thought it was Jem's thread and he kept it going? - is there a take-over action forming here?
On the subject of undertakers, I have noticed an alarming increase in the volume of ads for funeral services.
Are you alarmed ?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 11:36 AM

Good Morning everyone.
Take over!!!
Nah it is Jem's thread and he can sleep in it.
Funeral plans I have made mine ages ago Young Robert, saves the stress for others.
We made our wills in our 30s just update them as time goes on.

I will be back later to add some sunshine to this thread.
Think happy thoughts always my Possums.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 12:41 PM

Ah shucks! me cover is blown, I was quite prepared to let Gummy take full responsibility for all this rubbish. Anyway who cares who’s name is over the door as long as there’s a welcome in the house.

Always nice to see you in such good form RJ. “mine got up and went years ago” that made me laugh, mine is packing it’s bags as I type.

And now for something completely off track.

A serious cockup in an Australian courtroom, good job you abolished hanging over there Gummy, heads will roll for this I’m sure as the ‘blame game’ comes into play.
“The wrong man was brought to court for sentencing in a high-profile murder case in Australia, after a mix-up with a man with the same name. Peter Brown 57, convicted of murdering Simone Fraser, was due to appear in the Supreme Court of Victoria in Melbourne. But another Peter Brown was initially brought before the judge, Justice John Champion, who was not impressed. The correct Peter Brown was eventually produced after a delay and sentenced to 30 years in prison. The judge expressed frustration and criticised representatives of the prisons service, requesting an explanation for the mix-up. "What particularly unimpresses me is I don't detect anyone here from Corrections," Justice Champion said. "They haven't had the courtesy to appear before the court, knowing the mistake had been made” (BBC news)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top