Join for free
Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 04:17 PM

Re: Vitamin D Defficiency and Mobility Issues in Old People

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I really want to agree with you realist but you can be pretty abusive yourself at times. Some of the things you say about our intelligence or even my daughter the other day was out of order IMO

I do try to remain polite and bite my tongue but if you are rude you can't assume everyone will remain polite.
VERY abusive yet gets away with it which I don’t understand at all but for some people this is like a big egotistical game to them. They don’t care how insulting they are to others as long as they can dominate and control every conversation to go their way while knocking everyone else’s comments into submission. Some people have been playing this game for so long that they are excellent at it and don’t care in the least that it bothers others.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 04:36 PM

Would it be too much to ask to read a thread where there isn't bickering?

I give up. No wonder Azz has.

You don't like someone's views?
Challenge their view
Don't challenge the poster for holding the view.
Or .. just ignore the thread.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by morticia ->
would it be too much to ask to read a thread where there isn't bickering?

I give up. No wonder azz has.

Challenge their view
don't challenge the poster for holding the view.
Or .. Just ignore the thread.
+1

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Your abusive post is appalling Bratti and I hope Admin/Mods take the appropriate actions. Please put me on ignore in the future and refrain from such derogatory outbursts.

I exercise my right to post my opinions the same as everyone else. Neither you nor anyone else has the right to censor my posts and opinions not those of any other poster.

This is an open forum. If you can't deal with people's varying opinions then it is perhaps not the place for you to be.

I also find certain people's posts hugely frustrating such as some of those in the politics section which are pretty relentless political propaganda. The forum permits it so we simply have to deal with it. Either by ignoring the poster(s) and/or their posts or putting up with it.

If you need help finding the "Ignore" function just ask Admin/Mods and they will point you in the right direction.
MY ABUSIVE POST is APPAULING???

The only reason I came to this thread was because Roxy asked me for a second opinion on the items she is taking since I am a nutritionist with the credentials and education.

I didn’t come into this thread to debate with you. If I enjoyed debating I would be in the politics section debating all the time.
I’m not. I think I once accidentally went in there and it was like a crocodile pit. That’s when I realized that I had accidentally wondered in the debate section.

My comments to you were genuine. There are certain disorders that can cause a person to become obsessed with winning at all costs and sometimes they are completely unaware of them which I thought might be the case with you. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. I have mental disorders that often get in the way of proper communicating. Many people have them.
I think it could be possible you have them also but Im not qualified to make such statements.

If this site doesn’t allow mental disorders to be discussed then I’m clearly on the wrong site.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
MY ABUSIVE POST is APPAULING???

The only reason I came to this thread was because Roxy asked me for a second opinion on the items she is taking since I am a nutritionist with the credentials and education.

I didn’t come into this thread to debate with you. If I enjoyed debating I would be in the politics section debating all the time.
I’m not. I think I once accidentally went in there and it was like a crocodile pit. That’s when I realized that I had accidentally wondered in the debate section.

My comments to you were genuine. There are certain disorders that can cause a person to become obsessed with winning at all costs and sometimes they are completely unaware of them which I thought might be the case with you. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. I have mental disorders that often get in the way of proper communicating. Many people have them.
I think it could be possible you have them also but Im not qualified to make such statements.

If this site doesn’t allow mental disorders to be discussed then I’m clearly on the wrong site.
This site used to be a very caring site Bratti, I can remember trying to comfort 2 lady members, whose husbands had the same awful illness. Those wonderful ladies were even stronger than me, as I had tears rolling down my cheeks when they told me all about it.

I do feel that if people listened more, rather than gave unwanted advice, we would all get along better. If somebody asks for advice, it is nice if a member can offer it, but constantly repeating it seems like they are sending in a combine harvester to get the seed from one stem of wheat ....and that tends to annoy people.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Would it be too much to ask to read a thread where there isn't bickering?

I give up. No wonder Azz has.

Challenge their view
Don't challenge the poster for holding the view.
Or .. just ignore the thread.
I do agree with this.

Twink and Bratti can't you just ignore someone you don't get on with?
You can't go round accusing someone of having mental health issues just because they challenge you!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 05:34 PM

Bratti

2nd time of asking. Please use the ignore function. Ask Mods if you are having trouble finding it.

I'm not the least bit interested in your immature abusive insults
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I do agree with this.

You can't go round accusing someone of having mental health issues just because they challenge you!
I think there comes a point where it's happened so often it's very hard not to respond ruthio, I thought I was doing well the other day not reacting to jib about Gracie and my mothering of her, on the third time it happened I found myself unable to keep quiet any longer. If people don't like me fine, I can take that, but to say some things just aren't right and need speaking about.

I like realist he has some good points but he does make some nasty remarks if people don't agree with him. Then he doesn't like it when people respond in the same way.

Don't give it out if you can't take it.

We a have a few members like that not just realist, so I'm not picking on him personally.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I do agree with this.

I have been ignoring him for a few weeks and advised Bratti to do likewise earlier. I was just supporting Bratti with my post and stating my opinion, which I think is still allowed!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 05:45 PM

I can't be bothered with all this.
Clearly this forum is not for me. Not anymore. Too much bickering. Since when did we all become so judgmental of each other. It never used to be like this.

Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top