Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:11 AM

Re: Gina Millers Latest Stunt

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
And then there's going to be a postman strike, just when the 20% of voters will be wanting to submit their postal vote.
If so, I and others will simply take our completed postal vote papers to the local polling station.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If so, I and others will simply take our completed postal vote papers to the local polling station.
That's OK if the voters are fit enough to get there.

How about the disabled, those in Hospital, those working away from home, etc?

Political strikes should be banned.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I still don't understand how this can affect how you vote or have any connection to Gina Millers stunts.......but I will wait till 16th December to discover exactly what your fun will be!
Hi

I cannot be Politically Active, I can still vote for whoever I want.

I have to be careful what I say.

I can be much less careful after that date.

I cannot do certain specifics, I can do others and generalities.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
That's OK if the voters are fit enough to get there.

How about the disabled, those in Hospital, those working away from home, etc?

Political strikes should be banned.
I agree. Strikes are the power of the Loony Party, but their power is waning daily, largely thanks to Compo and the Abbopotamus.

As for those who cannot physically go to the polling station, relatives, helpers or even volunteers could take their papers for them.

In fact, in the event of a strike the political parties could arrange for teams of volunteers to do this.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 12:47 PM

I agree. Strikes are the power of the Loony Party, but their power is waning daily, largely thanks to Compo and the Abbopotamus.

As for those who cannot physically go to the polling station, relatives, helpers or even volunteers could take their papers for them.

In fact, in the event of a strike the political parties could arrange for teams of volunteers to do this.
Please don't send me a Corbyn voter to deliver my letter!

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 02:00 PM

Look at this history of Brexit....

Before the referendum people were saying it would be impossible to leave.... no matter what the vote said.

13/4/16 The British public voted leave & this was soon followed by Camerons resignation.

13/7/16 May became prime minister and it then took till March 2019 to negotiate a new deal.

September 2019 Boris took the PM position & as fast as 18/10/2019 had made a new deal (so much faster than Mrs May, who had originally wanted to remain.)

Today, Farage has said that unless Boris tears up the deal he made, the Brexit party will put somebody in every constituency in the country for the election. ( Sadly I don't think he can win the election, so what happens then?)

Is it just me, that thinks the majority of MPs want us to remain & have created all these delays till they find a way of doing so, without appearing to go against what the people voted for in a democratic referendum?
They are behaving like children..... but like most spoiled children they will probably end up getting their own way.
What is the point of voting for anybody, when they all want their own way, so you can't trust any of them
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 03:00 PM

Boris Johnson has ruled out forming an electoral pact with the Brexit Party after Nigel Farage claimed it could deliver the Tories a large majority. Younger voters are rushing to get on electoral roll, a hung parliament with Corbyn will be the final nail.

Twink is right, the politicians never wanted us to leave.

Quite a few predictions made from Nigel Farage have been correct. 20 years an MEP must be an advantage but like Mrs May, Boris will do it his way, knowing it is BINO.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 03:23 PM

We are in real danger.

Boris doesn't want a pact with Nigel because Boris IS part of the establishment and IS NOT going to deliver BrExit.

Like May before him he has simply trotted out the sound bites that people wanted to hear.

He hopes that his strong rhetoric will be enough to sway voters to give Tories a huge majority at which point they can then scupper BrExit any way they want.

Boris can not be trusted. The very fact that he is entertaining May's disastrous deal (or at least 95%+ of it) shows you that just like the rest he too is working for the establishment.

Farage is completely right to demand that he ditches that preposterous deal but Boris's refusal to do so tells you where Boris stands.

So after all this there is only one party to vote for and that's the BrExit party, and they all know that and they all realise that this will split the Leave vote down the middle as Leavers vote for Tory or BP. In some constituencies that split will mean that the Remainer opposition will win the seat.

As ever General Elections are a rigged farce.

They know all this and that's why we are having the election.

If we had gone down the 2nd Referendum route we all know they would have created multiple option that resulted in the Leave vote being split, i.e.

No Deal,
Boris Deal
Remain

Leavers would have been split by the first 2 options whereas Remainers would not have been split giving them a massive advantage.

This GE is now no different.

The Leave vote is going to be split and is being split by the antics of Boris pretending to be all strong on leaving the EU, dying in a ditch, pushing for No Deal etc etc.

I see through the ruse now but many won't.

Boris is not going to deliver BrExit. He is another puppet.

We are therefore scuppered. BrExit Party is the one to vote for but the presence of the Tories will split the Leave vote.

We will be no better off after this election. There won't be a majority Leave parliament. That's their whole plan.

Doesn't matter how I vote, the outcome will be the same.

The BrExit party standing in all seats will certainly do damage to both Tory and Labour but I doubt it will result in a majority Leave parliament.

They are shafting us

As always
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 03:43 PM

A vassal state, disgustingly corrupt.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 04:03 PM

Thats what used to happen JBR, Why did it change?
Donkeyman!

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top