Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 04:42 PM

Re: Spain v Gibraltar

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I would go a lot further and have Gibraltar represented in Westminster with its own MP.
Gibraltar has sovereign status (it has it's own constitution). How many sovereign countries are represented in your parliament? Still not lost that colonial attitude?
http://www.gibraltarlawoffices.gov.g...r-constitution
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are the one talking about a Nuclear Strike.

I was not.

One cruise missile with the right warhead, which both the Russians and Chinese have, would be sufficient to neutralise Gibraltar.

The UK has no land based anti missile systems, those we have are naval and short range.
Then clarify your threat. What exactly would your cruise missile strike in Gibraltar?

Would that neutralise the whole area?

And, having made the first strike, what do you suppose we - and NATO - would do then?

Stop making silly threats, please.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Gibraltar has sovereign status (it has it's own constitution). How many sovereign countries are represented in your parliament? Still not lost that colonial attitude?
http://www.gibraltarlawoffices.gov.g...r-constitution
Gib is a British overseas territory. Nothing to do with colonisation.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 08:15 PM

It's also home to some of our nuclear submarines.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It's also home to some of our nuclear submarines.
Though not ballistic missile submarines. Don't give some of them the wrong idea!

Incidentally, I read somewhere recently that it is believed that only eight of the missiles routinely carry nuclear warheads, which begs the question, what do the other eight carry?

I've wondered about that, and it occurred to me that they could be conventional explosive warheads for lower levels of retaliation or, perhaps, some sort of electronic warfare systems.

Who knows?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Gib is a British overseas territory. Nothing to do with colonisation.
It is "sovereign" and has it's own constitution. Yet britain didn't honour the outcome of the 2016 referendum wherein more than 90% of gibraltarians voted to stay in the EU. Somehow overseas territory must be an euphemism for colony.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:31 PM

It is "sovereign" and has it's own constitution. Yet britain didn't honour the outcome of the 2016 referendum wherein more than 90% of gibraltarians voted to stay in the EU. Somehow overseas territory must be an euphemism for colony.
No, it's an overseas territory with a british population that wants to remain citizens of that part of Britain that happens to be overseas much more than remain governed in any way by any other power even if they would have liked to remain subjugated to the European Commission.

It's not a colony but know what? Even if it is SO WHAT? It's our colony and the population like it fine well just as it is.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

03-02-2020, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No, it's an overseas territory with a british population that wants to remain citizens of that part of Britain that happens to be overseas much more than remain governed in any way by any other power even if they would have liked to remain subjugated to the European Commission.

It's not a colony but know what? Even if it is SO WHAT? It's our colony and the population like it fine well just as it is.
I'm interested to see what boris does, the next 4 weeks. That's the time he has been given, if he wants to start trade negotiations on 3 march.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 11:41 PM

I'm interested to see what boris does, the next 4 weeks. That's the time he has been given, if he wants to start trade negotiations on 3 march.

Your under the illusion that the EU are somehow working on behalf of the 27.... they aren't at all..

The EU has two options..

1. Protect the EU Project
2. Protect the 27

Be prepared to get thrown under a bus by Barnier and co. They will not give up power to save the economies in the 27. The EU is an ideology and only has one objective so if I were you I would be very worried about becoming collateral damage. Countries like yours and Spain and Ireland etc will get the blame. Screwing the people in the 27 is much, much more to the advantage of your elite to get more control and power over you than any trade deal with the UK.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Though not ballistic missile submarines. Don't give some of them the wrong idea!

Incidentally, I read somewhere recently that it is believed that only eight of the missiles routinely carry nuclear warheads, which begs the question, what do the other eight carry?

I've wondered about that, and it occurred to me that they could be conventional explosive warheads for lower levels of retaliation or, perhaps, some sort of electronic warfare systems.

Who knows?
Drones?

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top