Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2012, 11:14 PM

Re: Give me strength!

ignore all else kick the bugger out!!! and forget about him, leave him to make his own mistakes he seems to like making them, you can't live other peoples lives for them in the end they'll do what they want.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 12:37 PM

Yes, we can choose our friends, but family... best hold the tongue and muddle through the visit and enjoy the moments you can with your brother.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
He's drunk all my whiskey!!!!
He hasn't has he? That's taking the p*** a bit isn't it?
Right Ania, only another three more 'sleeps' to go now and doesn't time go slow when you don't want it to?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 04:55 PM

Ah now that's taking the biscuit altogether!, that reminds me of what Brian O'Nolan once wrote, "A Dublin man treats his wife and his pint with complete indifference, until one, or both, are knocked down in his presence."
Seriously though, the worst is behind you now Orangutan and you'll soon be back to normal, take care.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 09:14 PM

Now that is taking advantage of a good nature.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 11:14 PM

Well I sent him out today with instructions to buy a leg of lamb and get some dog bones. He bought the leg of lamb and a bottle of wine.Forgot the dog bones...He has been doing my head in what with one thing and another and I am sooooo looking forward to Friday.
I'm spending tomorrow night in a hotel in Cork prior to attending a course all day Thursday. Am looking forward to swimming in the pool, relaxing in the steam room, and having some peace. Bennie the mutt will stay with a friend as my brother really has no clue with him. I was hoping he too would go away for a night, but no, he is staying here and I will come back on Thursday probably to find the kitchen a tip, all sorts of electrical things left on, and the cupboards even barer. Then either I'll try for one more night of polite chit chat before he departs or I'll crack and tell him what I really think...
If I do the latter, I'm only hoping it will get the message home that I do not feel any link with him or my sister, but I suspect I'll do the former for the sake of peace. Hmmm, wonder which is better?
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 11:29 PM

Well I sent him out today with instructions to buy a leg of lamb and get some dog bones. He bought the leg of lamb and a bottle of wine.Forgot the dog bones...He has been doing my head in what with one thing and another and I am sooooo looking forward to Friday.
I'm spending tomorrow night in a hotel in Cork prior to attending a course all day Thursday. Am looking forward to swimming in the pool, relaxing in the steam room, and having some peace. Bennie the mutt will stay with a friend as my brother really has no clue with him. I was hoping he too would go away for a night, but no, he is staying here and I will come back on Thursday probably to find the kitchen a tip, all sorts of electrical things left on, and the cupboards even barer. Then either I'll try for one more night of polite chit chat before he departs or I'll crack and tell him what I really think...
If I do the latter, I'm only hoping it will get the message home that I do not feel any link with him or my sister, but I suspect I'll do the former for the sake of peace. Hmmm, wonder which is better?
definitely the latter if for no other reason than he won't come back again. Who cares, You don't like him and don't want him there don't beat yourself up. You've tried and failed no point in trying again.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 10:13 PM

Well got home from work this afternoon to find that he had gone out and left the coffee maker empty and switched on, jug cracked. My frustration poured out in tears. Still, I'm now in a hotel for the night before attending a course here, and had a lovely spell in the steam room to relax. My dog is being looked after by a friend as he was not sympatico, and I'm enjoying the peace though wondering what I will find when I get home tomorrow night.
But he leaves on Friday morning!!!!! Cue nice night cuddling dog and drinking wine
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

02-05-2012, 10:15 PM

PS The problem with letting him know how I really feel is that I actually feel desperately sorry for him as he is a bit of a misfit. I don't want to add to his psychological problems, but I'm sure in time things will come out when I refuse to have my sister here.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

02-05-2012, 10:20 PM

PS The problem with letting him know how I really feel is that I actually feel desperately sorry for him as he is a bit of a misfit. I don't want to add to his psychological problems, but I'm sure in time things will come out when I refuse to have my sister here.
You can't carry on making excuses for him, you're not helping him at all and you're only causing yourself more distress, leave them to it. Who'll care for the mutt if you make yourself ill over it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top