Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 01:54 PM

Re: Are you a hat person?

Originally Posted by John ->
Never did like wearing anything on my head. Maybe its because I've got a reasonable head of hair. Besides, I've always thought small guys look a bit daft with a hat on!
John matey, you speak for yourself - I like my shapka and panama.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 03:21 PM

Oh dear... yes I wear a hat,mostly because my hair has got thin and its cold in winter on the old knapper and it gets burnt in summer, like hats a lot. Also its either raining or blowing a gale here and of course we have those damned flies coming here from Scotland, bite like hell they do, they will be arriving any minute!. Why dont we move back to Lancashire I hear you say, but Houses arent selling at the moment.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 03:23 PM

Have a look at Blenkinsopp Castle, its up for sale and we live in the park there.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 03:32 PM

Yes I wear a cable knit bobble hat in the very cold weather pulled down over my ears and then put my hood up over the top, nice and cosy.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 03:45 PM

No hats for me. I have coats with hoods if it's very cold or it rains, up goes the hood.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 04:11 PM

I wear hats and have done since the fifties, in fact I have just bought 4 corduroy caps, a beige, bottle green, a navy blue and a black.
I have an amazing collection of hats of all shapes and sizes, I never throw them away either, I still have a Harris tweed trilby which I have since the fifties.
I have more hats than her indoors as shoes, I might count them one day.
I know what you are thinking, it is an obsession.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 04:13 PM

I have two dog walking hats. One is a waxed one with a brim all round and the other is a felty, woolly one (like a sheep) again with a brim all round. They are a bit like floppy trilbies. There is not much shape to them and I've had them ages, but they do pull down and keep me dry when it rains and snows. Can't really call it a hat, but I did buy a cerise feather fascinator to wear for my son's wedding, but I doubt it will get worn again. I felt like a nodding pony in it.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 06:18 PM

As a gardener outside all day almost every day I wear a floppy hat or a woolly hat in the winter.
I also wear a ski jacket with a hood which I use.
On holiday in Norway and the Alps I have worn the hoods of shirts and jumpers with the ski jacket hood.
I also use a woolly hat, my hat with earmuffs and chin strap and a balaclava.
It all depends on the weather.

I also have a beard but I'm not hiding anything, just sensible about what I wear in what ever the weather.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 06:45 PM

I've always hated wearing hats, even through the winter in the building trade I wouldn't wear one until they made us all wear helmets all of the time, which I hated. I do have a wide brimmed hat now though for walking the dogs when it's raining, I'm probably not quite as tough as I used to be methinks.....

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Have a look at Blenkinsopp Castle, its up for sale and we live in the park there.
It looks really nice Annie, being a caravanner I've always fancied a park home myself....
Pabicus
Tayside, UK
Pabicus is male 

05-05-2012, 10:42 PM

Only when fishing. Dual purpose here. Firstly, protects your head if you make a duff cast and the fly/hook embedds itself in the hat(easier to get it out the hat than the back of your scalp). Secondly the peak on it masks the sun so you can get more benefit from the polaroid sunspecs for spying fish in the water. I also have my "Barmaha" Aussie hat which is great in the garden on the rare hot sunny day. This one protects the ears as well as above if I use it on the loch. I have a good head of hair but prefer to keep it short at "No 2". Sunstroke is not funny and tops of ears get forgotten about with sunscreen

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top