Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 11:24 AM

Re: Care Homes Thrown under a bus

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Where do you do your eating Todgy?
I can get a nice dinner, things like ox-- tail & lamb shanks etc for
about £6 a time at our local eatery/pub? The quantity is more than
most old geezers could handle anr the quality is the same as mum
would make? That adds up to £42 pw!
Seems there is a lot of fat left from over £1,000 unless you are
leasing and outsourcing everything?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
But there's so many expenses involved in running a care home. First ROCE and there's a whole lot of "C" straight off!

Then there's staff costs, not just wages but loaded rate. Probably one or two staff overnight, four during the day at the very least.

Then Insurances, utilities, replacement of consumables, decoration, maintenance, and owners wages must be met.

Catering costs, laundry costs, and occasional transport plus of course taxes all have to be paid too.

And so with that lot, especially getting a reasonable return on upfront investment, a weekly income of 20 thou is cutting viability pretty fine.

Nonetheless a private care home really should not expect to rely on freebies from the NHS.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 11:42 AM

Thanks to some of the posts I now get it. Care homes are not there to look after the elderly and infirm but to make a profit for the owners
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I am going to upset some of you now but this is my opinion and mine alone.
Care home owners do not care about their 'inmates' All they see is £ signs in front of their eyes.
The lady who does my cleaning once worked in a private nursing home. The staff wages were pathetic, not enough to live a comfortable life on. The cost per 'inmate' was £1,100 per week. There were twenty living in this home, that makes a total of over £20, 000 a week being made by the home owner.
Surely they could afford to buy their own PPE to protect their staff and 'inmates'.
All of this brings up the question. Does anyone in authority really care about the aged. IMO those of us that reach old age are no longer of interest to governmental bodies.
Yet when you look at the accounts many care homes are not making much profit. I think there are big delays in the money getting to them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well that clears up the rotten and FALSE accusations being made against Cummings and deliberate ignoring old people being left to die.

May I recommend revisiting the Pierian spring.
A government denial doesn't clear anything up.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Thanks to some of the posts I now get it. Care homes are not there to look after the elderly and infirm but to make a profit for the owners
Exactly. They're a business!

Seriously, did you really think differently?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
The reason Brexit is back in the news is because the U.K. missed out on an EU purchase order for CV19 kit. Do try and keep up.
None of the schemes UK, EU or otherwise has managed to procure any PPE equipment in the vast amounts needed. In fact the EU has produced ZERO PPE but at least the UK got its arse in gear and sent the RAF to pick up a consignment from Turkey in record time.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Exactly. They're a business!

Seriously, did you really think differently?
There are state care homes or at least their should be .
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Ha ha. Link please
Impossible. France reports number of deaths including those in care homes. Spain and italy only those in hospitals. Netherlands originally reported only hospital deaths, but since two weeks include those in care homes. Germany doesn't include deaths not established corona by testing. Other countries include deaths as corona based on clinical signs.
You have to wait till end of year and excess death numbers are known. These can be compared between countries.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:06 PM

Quite right Muddy and they are not hell bent on making a profit. Their aim is to CARE for those unable to care for themselves.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:31 PM

I once went to visit someone in a care home in Australia .It was delightful and I remarked I hope if I ever need to go into a care home I will be able to afford a place like that .
To my surprise I was told this is a state home .

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top