Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:06 PM

Re: Take a Good Hard Look in the Mirror Remoaners!

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Very well said, JBR!

For my thinking, i see Germany being the next to pack their bags & leave!

I have a couple of quid bet on that!

Toxic Group, loads of spongers.

Where's the Door?

Maybe better with special deals with UK, Norway, etc.

Not so sure about that Ted?
Why would they leave the supposedly biggest trading bloc in the
world,that they created and are the main beneficiaries of??
Who would they sell their products to now we have left ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Quikbeam ->
We certainly left in the most crack handed clumsy way possible that’s destined to cause division for a generation!
What other way would have worked?

Let's be quite honest here; no matter how we would have tried leaving it would never have been what you might call an agreeable or easy parting.
This way we are at least out, even if it did take far longer than it should ideally have done.

As for your "division", that is rife around huge swathes of the planet in case you hadn't noticed.
There are huge divisions closer to home in France; in Spain; in Italy and in Norway too -but that is probably better-suited to a devoted thread if it's what you're really interested in.

As for here time will tell how long the Brexit divisions last.
Hopefully not for long.
I had always said that there were other things that could potentially be far, far more problematic, costly and damaging than Brexit - but I couldn't have imagined the disaster which this Pandemic has become.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 08:13 PM

Who remembers the warnings that the EU were worried that other member countries might want to leave the union too?
From Germany, of all places - nothing to do with any bias here in the UK.

"Germany was worried that France, the Netherlands, Austria, Finland and Hungary could seek to leave the bloc after Brexit, the German newspaper Die Welt said, citing a finance ministry strategy paper."

That's in The Express today: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...s-italexit-spt

And here's the original report from 2016:
"END OF THE EU? Germany warns FIVE more countries could leave Europe after Brexit"
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-Europe-Brexit

Nothing has happened between then and now which would improve the possibility of staying - in fact the opposite is more likely and the possibility of leaving is probably higher.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Not so sure about that Ted?
Why would they leave the supposedly biggest trading bloc in the
world,that they created and are the main beneficiaries of??
Who would they sell their products to now we have left ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
It costs them a lot.

Also they could have all the trade, after leaving, as can we.

How long will they prop up the ones who are in debit?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Very well said, JBR!

For my thinking, i see Germany being the next to pack their bags & leave!

I have a couple of quid bet on that!

Toxic Group, loads of spongers.

Where's the Door?

Maybe better with special deals with UK, Norway, etc.

You may be right, although people always regard Germany as being the effective ruler of the EU due to its overwhelming financial strength. Some also see the EU as an efficient means of Germany conquering Europe without bloodshed. They have, after all, tried to do it twice in living memory.

That's why I have never really considered the possibility of Germany being the first to leave.

On the other hand, perhaps they feel that they are being held back by the plethora of rules they are obliged to live under and might be better off without those restrictions.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Quickbeam ->
We certainly left in the most crack handed clumsy way possible that’s destined to cause division for a generation!
Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
What other way would have worked?
Well in my humble opinion, we could have left as soon as the majority of the population voted for it and as soon as the Conservatives gained a working majority in the Commons.

By the time we decided to accept the EU's 'deal', the majority of our businesses had fully prepared for a no-deal Brexit. We could have left with no deal.

We are already acquiring trade deals all over the world; many more than most people thought possible.

I am convinced that had we done that then, we would now be very much in the driving seat and they would be begging us for a trade deal.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 07:24 AM

Hi

It matters nothing wether you are a Brexiteer or a Remainer now.

The deed is done, we are out of the EU and no longer in Transition.

We are all in this together now, no matter which way we voted.

Time to stop slinging insults.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 09:34 AM

I dont really follow the Brexit threads so this has probably been covered but where are the lorry queues? We were warned about miles of queues?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I dont really follow the Brexit threads so this has probably been covered but where are the lorry queues? We were warned about miles of queues?
Lorry queues, at Dover/Calais, are, in my opinion, just a trick, by the French, to cause damage to our plans to leave.

They give the French (Macron) powers over us.

Ireland should note this, as they go for bigger ferries going direct to Ireland.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

06-01-2021, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It matters nothing wether you are a Brexiteer or a Remainer now.

The deed is done, we are out of the EU and no longer in Transition.

We are all in this together now, no matter which way we voted.

Time to stop slinging insults.
Noble words, but do you really think that the Remainers will now get behind the Exit project?

Or will they continue to highlight every negative as "We told you so".

We shall see!

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top