Join for free
Page 61 of 391 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 12:02 AM

Re: Today I have .........

Today my car failed her MoT test for the first time. Katy is 11 years old though, but it's not a major disaster.

Her brake cables are corroded and she needs a new headlight bulb so that she can see better in the dark, so she's booked in to see the doc next Tuesday to make her better.

Apart from that, a reasonably good day.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 03:20 AM

She sounds a bit like me!
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 12:42 PM

Today, I have my new computer online.

Before I went into hospital for a new hip, I thought I would buy all the bits to make up another PC, as my old one was getting old and clunky and probably about time I updated my ten-year-old XP to Win7. Sitting around bored isn't good for anyone, so I needed something to do. Still got a ton of stuff to install, but I managed to bring it to life without too many problems.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
Today, I have my new computer online.

Before I went into hospital for a new hip, I thought I would buy all the bits to make up another PC, as my old one was getting old and clunky and probably about time I updated my ten-year-old XP to Win7. Sitting around bored isn't good for anyone, so I needed something to do. Still got a ton of stuff to install, but I managed to bring it to life without too many problems.

Well done Graham!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
She sounds a bit like me!
Dont worry Annie, I'll treat you to a new headlight bulb and book you into your nearest garage for the weekend.
TWHRider
South Eastern U.S.
TWHRider is female  TWHRider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 01:12 PM

We don't have required auto inspections in my county because we are so rural.

The heavily populated counties do and, I am pretty sure the metro populated areas have smog inspections as well.

Graham, I tip my hat to you for building your own computer; that's a great way to stay busy during recovery

My days are never much more than something to yawn about but, the farrier is coming today to trim two of my horses. I still trim the two horses with very little hoof issues because I can't keep my nose out of the mechanics of how each horse wears their hooves down.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2012, 02:46 PM

Today I came across this old Dublin advert, unbelievable what people did to look healthy, jam jaws my Mother used to call folks with rosy cheeks. Ormond Quay is central Dublin by the way.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

20-07-2012, 07:41 PM

Today the wife and me tackled the job of assembling the swing chair thing from the flat pack it came in, it was no doddle I can tell you, why do they always make the drawings on the instructions look like something you would see in a prehistoric cave, not a bit of detail to show which side is in or out. She just flung the instructions over to me to decode and started taking out all the wooden pieces and stacking them against the yard wall. Next came the bags of screws, bolts and chains. "Check to see if they are all there and tick them off the list as you count them." she shouts over at me, and me up to me eyeballs in squiggley drawings. By this time I'm getting a headache trying to figure them out so I decide to abandon them and use my own judgement, luckily her Sister Maisie drops down to see her and they both go inside for tea and a chat, I was able to finish the job unhassled

Only when I had it finished did I realise that I should have assembled it in the garden and not the back yard, talk about painting yourself into a corner, now I have to get the feckin' thing over the wall.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2012, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Today the wife and me tackled the job of assembling the swing chair thing from the flat pack it came in, it was no doddle I can tell you, why do they always make the drawings on the instructions look like something you would see in a prehistoric cave, not a bit of detail to show which side is in or out. She just flung the instructions over to me to decode and started taking out all the wooden pieces and stacking them against the yard wall. Next came the bags of screws, bolts and chains. "Check to see if they are all there and tick them off the list as you count them." she shouts over at me, and me up to me eyeballs in squiggley drawings. By this time I'm getting a headache trying to figure them out so I decide to abandon them and use my own judgement, luckily her Sister Maisie drops down to see her and they both go inside for tea and a chat, I was able to finish the job unhassled

Only when I had it finished did I realise that I should have assembled it in the garden and not the back yard, talk about painting yourself into a corner, now I have to get the feckin' thing over the wall.
Good job Jem I hope we get some dry weather so you can use it...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2012, 10:10 PM

Today I pulled all furniture out and cleaned every room from top to bottom. Since last Sunday I have been decorating-was only meaning to do hallway and kitchen, (did livingroom and my bedroom end of last year), but ended up doing small bedroom as well and I'm now halfway through doing bathroom....made myself I bigger job than I intended! Must finish it before Monday when I bring the Hatti girl back from my Brothers in Derbyshire. If she had been here she would have ended up a 'dulux dog', all glossed and apple white-the colour I have painted small bedroom....no doubt she will have had more fun going on lovely walks down there....

Page 61 of 391 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top