Join for free
Page 661 of 754 « First < 161 561 611 651 659 660 661 662 663 671 711 > Last »
Suedonim
UK
Suedonim is female 

26-02-2021, 07:37 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Are you up Thurso way, Roxy? I lived there for a few years in the early 80’s. Happy days!

I’ve just been pottering this week. The boiler is all installed, commissioned and working away, hurrah! Just got to pay for it now.

I did a bit of tidying outside, cleaned up the mess the bird food had made and swept the pavement to get rid of the grit that had been put down for the snow. I found some snowdrops and crocus hidden amongst other plants.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Suedonim ->
Are you up Thurso way, Roxy? I lived there for a few years in the early 80’s. Happy days!
Yes Sue, but along the coast a wee bit. Spend a lot of time at Dunnet on the beach with the dog, and across the way in the forest.
Suedonim
UK
Suedonim is female 

27-02-2021, 01:21 AM

Fabulous! We used to go to Dunnet beach quite often. I have photos of a very pregnant me there. My younger son was born in Dunbar Hospital, back when it used to have a small maternity unit.

Dh and I took a trip up there two or three years ago and it’s certainly changed a bit - the A9 is so quick now, with the bridges and so on. It seemed a bit of a shame that places like Dunnet Head have been ‘sanitised’ with car parks and fencing and so on. We just used to hang onto the back of our boys’ jackets stop them falling over the edge! You used to be able to go into the lighthouse back then, so it was sad to see it all closed off.

We were amazed at the supermarkets, too. We had a choice of the Coop opposite the town hall in Thurso or, I think, Templetons, in the middle of the high street. We used to go to Inverness once a month for extras, especially after M&S opened up there.

We stayed at the Pentland Hotel. The tartan carpets have gone but otherwise little has changed there.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 01:22 AM

Sue and Roxy,, some of our best holidays were spent touring all over the highlands, gorgeous scenery , we went up north for a few years, right to john o' groats ,,cape wrath, which was beautiful to see I'm just too old now to venture that far, I only wish I could...
Jane10
United Kingdom
Jane10 is female 

27-02-2021, 09:04 AM

I don't know how Nicola could appear at that hearing next week. Salmond (and I'm absolutely not a fan!!) was so calm and serious and had all the facts and figures at his fingertips for 6 hours. It's all such a nasty mess I can't imagine what will happen. Will Nicola offer apologies and cry a bit? She's done that before re the drugs problem? Will she resign? Goodness knows. I just wish none of it had happened.
Meanwhile, life goes on. Housework, walk and TV here as usual.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 10:24 AM

Morning everyone! Jane - I don't think Nicola will resign at all. Look at how many of the English ministers have broken ministerial code and are still there. She will deny any wrong doing, blame Salmond, and carry on. I'm not a fan of hers, but I do think she has carried the Covid situation well.

Anyway, not much going on with me today....weather a bit iffy. Might wander out for a bit - I need to get some dog food anyway, so that's a bit of a walk. Have a lovely day
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 11:53 AM

Good morning everybody. Been raining here tis morning nothing unusual in that. Will be going out later for bread and milk and a few other things.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 12:05 PM

Morning Blimey it's turned cold again, I had to go back for my thicker fleece before me n the dog went to the forest. Not much on today unless himself needs me for anything.
Sue, The Co-op is still there in the centre but no Templetons. A small Tesco at the Groats junction as you come into Town on the A9, and a Lidils on the far side, at Burnside overlooking the caravan park, and a wee Co-op over at Thurso East on Mt Pleasant Rd.
The Castle is a real mess now it's been closed off but stones are falling off the tower onto the walk below, such a shame it's been left to rot. I used to love going along there and sitting on the wee wall at the old dock tower to watch the surfers on the reef waves. Seldom do it now, I was lucky enough to go up in to the castle a few years back just before it was closed off and I got some great photos.
Health n Safety are probably the ones responsible for all the fencing off at Dunnet Lighhouse and the cliffs ect.
Paula, The North Coast Road is fantastic, or at least it used to be untill that blasted Route 500 opened now you take your life in your hands driving along there in the summer. I go a Beach there called Strathy Cove, wonderful wee hidden Gem, lots of caves, wild waves, and rocks, you can't see it from the road so have to know it's there.
Sue, Does this bring back any memories? Need to put it to full screen to watch.

Jane10
United Kingdom
Jane10 is female 

27-02-2021, 02:32 PM

Pixie I think Nicola will apologise next week and turn on the waterworks and get off with it. Her husband, civil servants and crown office not necessarily! It's an unholy mess and very worrying that this sort of thing is going on.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2021, 02:37 PM

I do agree, Jane about the unholy mess of things right now, but not too sure Nicola would cry...to me anyway, there's something quite hard nosed about her. I could be wrong of course - I think you or someone else, mentioned that she had done it before, so.....we shall see how things pan out over the next week or so.

Page 661 of 754 « First < 161 561 611 651 659 660 661 662 663 671 711 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top