Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 08:50 AM

Re: Royal Princes at Olympics

Originally Posted by plantman ->
So, here we go again. Princes William and Harry are to attend around 30 events during the Olympics.

Just remind me though, haven't we just spent quillions of pounds training them to do a necessary job with the forces? Isn't that what they said they were desperate to do? Isn't William supposed to be rescuing people in distress, and isn't Harry supposed to be spending 6 months killing people in Afghanistan as payback?

What an absolute waste of taxpayers time and money.... If they want to be Royal Princes that's fine, I've got no problem with that. If they want to be pilots in the forces then that's fine, but for goodness sake make your minds up lads, stop wasting our cash and taking a job from someone who wants it and can do it just as well or even better....

Nice one Barry!!! Yet another reason for us to ditch the monarchy altogether and have an ELECTED President. Then we have but ONE person and not a whole family as hangers on. Roll on the day we can ditch this German Family and the German Funeral dirge that goes with them!!!
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

26-07-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I'm afraid my problem is that being an ex-serviceman, I resent the fact that the princes are just playing at service life, and if the jobs that they have been trained for were necessary then why weren't they given to someone who could give the commitment necessary to fulfill those roles properly, particularly when the jobs they chose to play at cost millions of punds to train someone for...
With all due respect Plantman...............you are talking tosh. They are doing what every other serviceman does, the job they were trained to do. Its hardly their fault if they also have to juggle that life with their public life. By your own admission, you're not an anti-royalist, so I don't understand why you seem to have such a problem with this. The Royal family don't have a normal life, they're not allowed to totally dedicate themselves to one thing and as a Royalist, I would have expected you to appreciate that. Many royals in the past have been in the armed services and also had to do a certain amount of public duty............its just the way it is when you're born into a family like the Windsors.

I wouldn't have their life.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 10:42 AM

What do you suggest that they do with their working lives then?
Because no matter what they do it will always be interrupted by their official duties. They might well prefer to stay at their chosen jobs but they have little or no choice and if they rebelled and did not do their duty they would be damned for that too.
Give them a break and a little credit for not being playboy princes.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 10:55 AM

Give them a break and a little credit for not being playboy princes.

Errrrmmm Mall darlin' - who was it who was photographed a few years ago coming out of the Rhino night-club in the early hours of the morning when he was supposed to have been in training for his duties in the military??? Who was it who was disciplined for joy-riding in his helicopter when he was supposed to be training and learning to fly??? Who was it who was severely criticised for attending a party wearing a Nazi uniform???

Not playboy princes??? I think your memory is at fault Mall darlin'.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

26-07-2012, 01:08 PM

And they've been disciplined for their misdemeanours just as any other serviceman would have been. They're only human.
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

26-07-2012, 04:05 PM

See Harry has opted for some beach volley ball sessions, good lad..........go for it!
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

26-07-2012, 05:56 PM

Like I said..........they're only human...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 06:10 PM

OK,OK, I give up ladies, put the handbags away now, I'm black and blue all over..

Obviously I was looking at this from an old soldiers point of view, which has a much harder edge to it, whereas all of you ladies only want to mother them as always, and it looks like I'm on a hiding to nothing to continue this grumble....

Suffice to say that I don't bear the lads personally any malice, and I definitely don't want to see the end of the monarchy, whatever Uncle Joe may imply, but I do think they need to be better advised as to their career choices, one of which shouldn't be continuing to pretend to be servicemen when they certainly haven't the time to fit it in...
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

26-07-2012, 06:28 PM

Here ! less of the ladies pal!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-07-2012, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
And they've been disciplined for their misdemeanours just as any other serviceman would have been. They're only human.
Oh really Mazzie darlin' - any other Serviceman caught in such circumstances would have been dismissed, but of course that can't happen to royal prince can it???

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top